Pages

Monday, 31 May 2010

Bacon Burger in a Mushroom Bun

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

3 on Extra Easy


Squirky woke me at 03.47am crying for a feed. I on the other hand never wanted to see food again. I had raging heartburn and my stomach was making the unholiest of noises. It's amazing what havoc naughty food can play with your body.

So bye bye fat. Bye bye sugar. Bye bye mindless gorging. Until next week anyway, because we're off to the south coast for a caravan holiday. Any time the word 'holiday' comes up in my life you can safely assume this includes a holiday from dieting.

This week I'm having a 'mum-off-duty' evening and am off to watch Sex and the City 2 with my girlies. I've checked out the Carluccios menu and have picked a SW friendly looking tuna salad. I'll be sticking to diet coke rather than having any Carrie Bradshaw inspired cocktails and
I'm planning to take grapes and maybe some quorn cocktail sausages instead of popcorn. I'll spend the money I have saved on cinema snacks by investing in a 'Premier Seat' - more room to spread my blubber-butt!

Three days was all it took to lose my Slimming World mojo though....Tuedays dinner sure did have comedy value - check out the 'cut-too-thin-boiled-too-long' chips! The "Bacon Burgers in Mushroom Buns" were tasty but looked a bit drab. Still, it filled a hole.
  • Very lean mince
  • Onion
  • Egg
  • Bacon
  • Field Mushroom fried in garlic and fry light (and patted dry)
  • Seasoning, herbs, balsamic, Worcestershire
I combined the mince, egg, seasoning etc and finely diced onion and shaped into patties. I made 4 and put two away in the freezer for another day.

I fried the patties in frylight, topped with HEA cheese and grilled until nicely melted. I then grilled the bacon, and fried the field mushrooms in garlic and frylight, and then assembled in one great whopping burger stack, served with chips. Looked a mess but tasted just fine.


BREAKFAST: 2 RASPBERRY MULLER YOGHURTS AND HALF A BAG OF GRAPES; LUNCH: 95% FAT FREE CHILLI CHICKEN SUPERNOODLES WITH 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "BACON BURGER IN A MUSHROOM BUN" WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY OPTION A) AND SLIMMING WORLD CHIPS & A TBSP OF VERY LOW FAT MAYO (; SNACKS: 2 PACKETS OF HAM, 1.5 SYNS) BANANAS, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); PUDDING: 2 BOWLS OF FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE YOGHURT. 2X ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION). I'VE BEEN REALLY HUNGRY ALL DAY. THINK THE DAYS OFF RE-AWAKENED MY TUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment