Pages

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Crispy Crunchy Chicken

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

12 on Extra Easy

I've been addicted to Facebook for some time now. Scarily so. I get itchy without access to a computer. My Chunky Lover only gets to talk to me if he uses Facebook chat. Now I have a valid excuse to be looking at it: I've joined the Slimming World Facebook page, and I'm being inspired by fellow slimmers. Burgers in a mushroom bun! Brilliant idea. Sadly I also learnt that quorn cocktail sausages have syns :( They are 0.5 Syns for 2 sausages. I thought they free so have miscounted my Syns this week. Just goes to show it's worth double checking what you think you know.

So, Facebook has become my Image Therapy. I don't go to a consultant because I follow the diet on-line. Now I have 24hr access to support and recipe ideas.

One of the facebookers shared a recipe idea to rival KFC, and I tried it last night.

"Crispy Crunchy Chicken".

I made this for two people:

  • Chicken strips
  • Chicken bovril
  • Egg
  • Mixed herbs
  • Mixed spices
  • Mild Chilli powder
  • Black pepper
  • 4 pieces of Wholemeal bread (HEALTHY B CHOICE)

Toast the bread until dry, blend it and add all the herbs and seasoning.

Coat the strips in bovril and egg. Dip the sticky strips in the bread crumb mixture and bake in over for 30mins. Serve with SW chips and alphabetti spaghetti!

You don't want to know how long I spent trying to spell 'Slimming World' on my plate for the photo before giving up. My dinner got cold...

BREAKFAST: MELON; LUNCH: 4 EGG OMLETTE; DINNER: "CRISPY CRUNCHY CHICKEN AND CHIPS" WITH ALPHABETTI SPAGHETTI AND 1 TBSP VERY LOW FAT MAYO (1.5 SYNS); SNACKS: BANANAS-SEVERAL; FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT; CUP OF TEA (0.5 SYNS FOR DASH OF MILK); A VERY SMALL TASTER OF BANANA LOAF THAT I MADE FOR SOMEONE ELSE AND NEEDED TO QUALITY CHECK! (I RECKON SOMETHING LIKE 10 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment