Pages

Monday, 31 May 2010

Debauchery and Mayhem Part 3: The Final Countdown

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

Lots I would imagine


Six years ago I tried the Atkins diet. A skinny friend recommended it and I wanted to be skinny more than anything in the world. I can't remember how long I stuck to it but I clearly remember that I got miraculously thin.

Every lunchtime I would head to McDonalds for
3 double cheeseburgers with the buns discarded. If I was at home I would have a enormous steak with a side of mushrooms fried in olive oil and double cream. If I was doing a night-shift I would buy a rotisserie chicken on the way in
and pick at it overnight.

I would weigh myself before I went to bed and again in the morning, finding I had lost 5lbs overnight. As I got teenier and tinier I also got greyer and spottier. I felt like complete crap, but loved seeing my hip bones.

Bizarrely it was at the height of my spottiest and greyest phase that I was wooed by my Chunky Lover. Unwittingly he saved me from a life of red meat and cream. He took me on dates to Thai restaurants and nights in with a takeaway, forcing me to break the Atkins spell, for which I will be forever grateful. He had no idea he was helping me, he was just picking places he liked and I didn't want to lose him by asking to go a steakhouse night after night.

When the weight all piled back on (sorry my Chunky Lover), it came back in a very disproportionate way, and ever since then whenever I put on weight it always shows most above my waist line. Very unattractive.

I'm reminded of this as I complete day three of my Diet Amnesty and already I have started to look bloated and swollen. I'm looking forward to dashing back into the open arms of Slimming World but thoroughly enjoyed my three days of food freedom.

BREAKFAST: A BACON AND EGG SANDWICH ON BUTTERED WHITE BREAD; BREAKFAST PUDDING: 2 PAIN AU CHOCS; LUNCH: HALF A CALAMARI AL FORNO, HALF A BRUSCHETTA, A POLLO PANCHETTA ROMANA PIZZA WASHED DOWN WITH A SICILIAN LEMONADE AT PIZZA EXPRESS; SNACKS: 3 FRUIT AND NUT CHOCOLATE BISCUITS, 2 ICE COLD COCO-COLAS FROM GLASS BOTTLES, HALF A TUB OF ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM, 4 FETA CHEESE SAMOSAS, SOME CHOCOLATE DIPPER DUNKERS. THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment