Pages

Friday, 21 May 2010

Marinated Tuna Steaks with Sautéed Potatoes & Bacon

Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Todays Syn Count:

5.5 on Extra Easy

Two things have come to light since starting this blog.

  1. I don't own a single bowl that doesn't have a massive chip or crack in it. A trip to Ikea beckons.

  2. I previously ignored the value of writing down everything I eat. I feel so much more in control since writing this, and my Chunky Lover has just said he has been really impressed by the food I have served up. I'm definitely putting more thought into it. I guess the proof will be in next weeks weigh-in....

Tonight I’m making “Marinated Tuna Steaks with Sautéed Potatoes & Bacon” and I did all the prep work this morning whilst Squirky was sleeping and the Troll was at nursery. During the ‘red-sealing-wax-casserole’ incident last night the Troll used her few unsupervised moments to make herself ‘pretty' with my makeup. She mascara’ed herself a black mono-brow a la Bert from Sesame Street. So with all the prep work done I was able to keep a closer eye on her tonight whilst the potatoes were roasting. She went to bed mascara free tonight.

For 2 people on Extra Easy I used:

  • Tuna steaks

  • Potatoes

  • Lean bacon

  • Cherry tomatoes

  • Lime

  • Ginger (a piece the size of your little fingertip)

  • 2 tbsp honey (2.5 SYNS PER TBSP)

  • Garlic

  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil (I would normally use Fry Light though.) (HEALTHY B CHOICE PER TBSP)


I mix the honey, zest & juice of one lime, and the small peice of finely grated ginger in a cup.


I pour this over the tuna steaks, cover and set aside for for an hour or so.

This marinade was passed on to me by a friend as a salad dressing and we use it about once a week.

The potatoes are cubed and par boiled for 7 mins, then roasted in olive oil or Fry Light with the diced bacon, sea salt and garlic for 40 mins.

Separately I roast the cherry tomatoes with a spoon or two of lazy garlic.

The tuna steaks are flash fried in a very hot pan for 30 seconds on each side then transferred to the oven for 1-2mins.

Please don't mock the size of my miniature tuna steaks. Statutory Maternity Pay doesn't afford you much in the way of fresh fish!

BREAKFAST: 4 EGG OMLETTE & A BANANA WITH YOGHURT; LUNCH: BAKED POTATO WITH BEANS & CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "MARINATED TUNA STEAKS WITH SAUTÉED POTATOES AND BACON"; SNACKS: BANANA, 1 ALPEN LITE BAR (3 SYNS) FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND 5 CHERRY MULLER LITES


No comments:

Post a Comment