Pages

Friday, 28 May 2010

Paella

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

8 on Extra Easy

Here's an odd thing. I had intended to be 'off-plan' for the Bank Holiday weekend, but now Saturday morning is here and I actually want to keep dieting!

In the past I have set myself a weight goal but once I got there I reverted my eating habits and put more weight back on. When I started SW again this year I decided that because I am going to be eating healthily for the rest of my life it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things if
I eat like a pig for
a couple of days each month. I don't want to deny myself fish and chips on the beach, drinks and cake at a birthday, wedding breakfast on someone else's big day or a pizza when I just feel like I want it.

So if I lose 1lb over a month because I'm having the odd week where I put on, then it's all good in the long term.

I know in SW you have your Syns and can treat yourself for a bit of chocolate each day, but that really doesn't compare to eating an entire tub of ice-cream yourself, then hiding the tub at the bottom of the bin and replacing it so no-one knows or eating nutella straight from the jar. If I deny myself these simple pleasures then I would die a miserable skinny person.

But........here I sit at the start of my weekend thinking about the three days of debauchery we have planned, including a boozy bbq, a mother-in-law roast dinner (as in my mother-in-law will make it, I don't mean we are roasting her) and using up our Tesco Reward vouchers at Pizza Express, and all I can focus on is getting on those scales on Wednesday and really wanting a big loss.

Hmmmm, what to do?.............................

P.S - just found a packet of chewing gum in my bag and remembered I had a piece on Thursday night to try and eliminate the garlic smell. I wonder what other Syns I have miscounted this week?

Yesterdays dinner was "Paella" from this months SW magazine. I made it for my Chunky Lover and I, and even though it's meant to serve 4 and we scoffed the lot:

  • Diced chicken breast
  • Onion

  • Red and yellow peppers

  • Garlic

  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • Saffron
  • Chopped tomatoes
  • Chorizo (6 SYNS in my serving)
  • Chicken bovril stock
  • Paella rice
  • Prawns
  • Peas
  • Lemon and seasoning to serve

I fry the chicken till brown, then set it aside whilst stir frying onion, chorizo and peppers. After 8 minutes add garlic, paprika and saffron for one minute. Add chicken, tomatoes stock and seasoning. Simmer and cook for 10 mins.

Add rice, bring back to boil, simmer for 10mins. Add prawns and peas for 15-20mins. Et voila.

BREAKFAST: MELON AND THEN SOME SCRAMBLE EGGS AND THEN AN ALPEN LIGHT BAR (HALF MY HEALTHY B OPTION) AND THEN A BANANA AND THEN ANOTHER BANANA. AND A THIRD. SOMEONE STOP ME; LUNCH: TUNA BAKED POTATO WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION) AND VERY LOW FAT MAYO (1.5 SYNS) AND ALPEN LITE BAR (OTHER HALF OF HEALTHY B OPTION); DINNER: "PAELLA"; SNACKS: CUP OF TEA (0.5 SYNS),

PUDDING:

FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment