Pages

Friday, 21 May 2010

Prawn Balls and Stir Fry Noodles

Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Today's Syn Count:

1 on Extra Easy

OH. MY. GOD. The Troll ate a plateful of "Prawn Balls and Stir Fry Noodles". This is the child that exists on plain pasta, cocktail sausages and yoghurt. This is the girl that accidentally ate a piece of carrot during a Sunday roast and immediately vomited on her plate. Not only did she eat a plateful but she asked fore more declaring that peppers and courgettes are yummy.

Maybe the sun has got to my head and I imagined it?...

I left out the chilli and spring onions from the prawn balls for the toddler meal but kept them in for my Chunky Lover and I. A meal that all the family enjoy? Can it be true? This will definitely be a summer staple.


The recipe came from the July 2010 Slimming World magazine, which you can subscribe to for other glorious recipe ideas here.

The way I made it for 4 people went like this:

  • Bunch of spring onions

  • Bunch of coriander

  • 375g prawns fresh or defrosted

  • 1 tbsp cornflour (1 SYN PER 1/4 TBSP)

  • 1 egg

  • Dried egg noodles

  • carrot

  • Garlic

  • Red pepper

  • Courgette

  • Pak choi

I blended half the spring onions, garlic and coriander, then added the prawns, cornflour and egg and blended again.


I left the mixture in the fridge to firm up whilst I took the girls out to play for an hour or two.

Then I took small handfuls of the mixture and made into little patties which were fried in Fry Light for 12minutes turning half way through.

The oodles of noodles were boiled, whilst I fried the thinly sliced veg and the remainder of the spring onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Thwn mis to noodles and stir fry together.

I served it up with light soy sauce and lime wedges for the grown ups and plain for the kids.

BREAKFAST 1: MELON SLICES AND TWO BANANAS; BREAKFAST 2: SCRAMBLED EGG - I WAS FEELING IN A TWO BREAKFAST KINDA MOOD; LUNCH: "PRAWN BALLS AND STIR FRY NOODLES" AND 2 ALPEN LITE BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); DINNER: PASTA TWIRLS WITH HOT TOMATOS AND CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); SNACKS: BANANA, FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE YOGHURT


No comments:

Post a Comment