Pages

Friday, 21 May 2010

Quorn Meatballs with Linguine


Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Todays Syn Count:

1 on Extra Easy

Busy mummy day. The Troll goes stir crazy if I don't get her out of the house for a run around, so on Mondays and Tuesdays I have to pick meals that don't need much preparation during the day. Hence a super simple pasta meal with basic pasatta sauce.

Also, I've made a change to the way I shop. I used to plan a weeks worth of meals and then do a weekly online shop. Midweek I'd visit Tesco to pick up fresh milk, bread etc. Two wastes of money would occur. By the end of the week I'd have to throw out food that didn't quite last the whole 7 days and during my mid week shops I'd end up buying clothes, magazines, toys for the Troll....

So, I've started doing two online shops a week, with a view to saving money even though I now pay two delivery costs. Not a patch on what I'd end up wasting though.

Another advantage is that my meal ideas are quite fresh in my mind and more imaginative. Planning seven meals in a row always took it out of me a bit and I'd end up sticking in pasta with pesto as a safe option.

Anyway, back to the "Quorn Meatballs with Linguine", for 2 people you'll need:

  • Swedish style quorn meatballs
  • Pasta

  • Passata

  • A splash of balsamic vingear

  • Seasoning

  • Worcestershire sauce

  • Cheese (HEALTHY A OPTION)

Simple as. I heat up meatballs as per packet instructions. Transfer the meatballs to pan with passata, balsamic, Worcestershire and heat for about 20 mins.

Meanwhile boil the pasta and serve topped with cheese and basil.

There's always too much for us, so some left over for lunch tomorrow methinks.

BREAKFAST: SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH: BATCHELORS SAVOURY CHICKEN RICE WITH ADDED 8 OLIVES (1 SYN) AND 2 ALPEN LITE BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); DINNER: "QUORN MEATBALLS WITH LINGUINE"; SNACKS: BANANA, FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND STRAWBERRY FAT FREE ONKEN

No comments:

Post a Comment