Pages

Monday, 28 June 2010

Banger and Broccoli Pasta Bake

Current Weight:

15 stone 2lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 2lbs

Todays Syn Count:

2 on Extra Easy

I've been having some physio sessions lately because after my pregnancy SPD I didn't do my pelvic floor exercises correctly and didn't start using my core muscles again after the birth of Squirky. As a result I've been supporting my weight and posture from the centre of my spine. And now it really hurts.

During one of these sessions my physio mentioned that I am apple shaped. This floored me as I always thought myself to be pear shaped, which I consider a slightly sexier fruit to look like as it hints at having a waist. But no, I'm an apple. A big fat sphere with arms and legs sticking out the side. A bit like mummy pig from Peppa Pig.

This is explains why I can't find clothes that suit me at all. If they fit my waist then they flap around my thighs and arms. If they fit my legs I can't get them done up.

Then I realised that my pregnancy clothes still fit and are actually preferably to my normal clothes. They are made to flattering a perfectly round belly. Not only that but most shops have a unique maternity range, not just maternity versions of whatever else they stock, so I am less like to see other people wearing the same as me and me feeling bad because invariably they look better in it than I do. So I've invested in a couple of TopShop maternity dresses from eBay and they are SO comfortable and SO pretty and are a size 18, which is less depressing that the size 22 items I've been wearing the past couple of months.

I only need to do this until I drop the weight, and on Monday night I made "Banger and Broccoli Pasta Bake", which is a very light pasta dish and there is enough here for me to have leftovers for lunch on Tuesday.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR FOUR PEOPLE:
  • 350g pasta
  • 500g broccoli florets
  • Frylight
  • 8 Joe's Sausages
  • Pinch of lazy chilli
  • 6 tablespoons vegetable stock
  • Parmesan to personal taste (HEALTHY A OPTION)
HOW I DID IT:
  • Cook the pasta as per packet instructions adding broccoli 3 minuts before end of cooking time.
  • Fry sausages until brown all over (approx 5 mins). Cut each sausage into 5 pieces and put back in pan with chilli & stock and cook for 2 mins.
  • Drain pasta/broccoli and add the sausages. Sprinkle with parmesan and grill for 3 minutes.

BREAKFAST: 5 EGG OMLETTE; LUNCH: CHILLI CHICKEN SUPERNOODLES AND 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "BANGER AND BROCCOLI PASTA BAKE"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION), MULLER CHEESECAKE YOGHURT (1 SYN);

PUDDING:

FROZEN STRAWBS AND BLUEBERRIES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment