Pages

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Chicken in Basil Sauce

Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Todays Syn Count:

5.5 on Extra Easy

The best laid plans and all that. Sex and the City didn't happen due to unforeseen babysitter circumstances. For the first time in my life I had a back up Slimming World meal in the freezer which prevented me from falling into the 'my plans have gone astray therefore I can't diet today' trap. The saviour in the freezer is

"Chicken in Basil Sauce".

To cook from fresh for two of you:

  • Chicken breast strips
  • 4 bunches of basil

  • 2 tsps Olive Oil (1 SYN per person)

  • Garlic

  • Linguine
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan (1.5 SYNS per person)

Blend the basil, garlic and some seasoning and add oil before giving a final blend to make a paste.

I stir fry the chicken till brown, then shred in the hot pan to bite size chunks.

Meanwhile

I boil my pasta.

I add the basil sauce to the far side of pan and cook off the garlic for a moment before coating the chicken in the sauce.

Combine the basil chicken with the pasta and top with parmesan.

BREAKFAST: ANOTHER MASSIVE FRY UP INCLUDING 2 PIECES OF LEAN BACON, MUSHROOM AND 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH: EGG NOODLES, SWEETCORN AND CHICKEN FRIED IN FRYLIGHT AND 2 ALPEN LITE BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); DINNER: "CHICKEN IN BASIL SAUCE"; SNACKS: BANANA, FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT, ANOTHER BAG OF GRAPES AND A BEDTIME ALPEN LIGHT BAR (3 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment