Pages

Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Citrus Chiffon Mousse

Current Weight:
15 stone 1lbs
Weight Loss since March 2010:
1 stone 3lbs
Todays Syn Count:
2.5 on Extra Easy

The in-laws from heaven visited today and took the Troll out so I made use of the spare day by experimenting with a pudding recipe I found courtesy of fellow slimmers on Facebook.
I'm not a bit pudding maker - especially SW puddings, it all seems like a lot of fuss and big syn spend for not a lot of portion size. When I have an 'off' day I eat sweet stuff all day long: pastries for breakfast, chocolate to snack on and cheesecake for pudding. 
When I'm dieting I avoid having even the tiniest bit of chocolate because the floodgates will open and I will eat until chocolate oozes from my pores. So, pudding is always fruit and yoghurt and I use my syns to make savoury food a little bit tastier.
However "Citrus Chiffon Mousse" is entirely syn free which is incredible for a pudding, and lemon was my pregnancy craving so this will be a little trip down memory lane for me.
  • grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
  • 8 level tbsp sweetener
  • 3 separated eggs
  • 1 sachet gelatine
  • 170g very low fat fromage frais
  • pinch of cream of tartar
  1. Place lemon rind, juice,sweetener and eggs yolk into a bowl and whisk.
  2. Place this over a pan of simmering water and keep whisking until thickens like custard (about 10 mins)
  3. Sprinkle gelatine into a bowl with 3 tbsp boiling water stir until dissolved.
  4. Add the gelatine to the custard mix and whisk, leave to cool for about 30 mins.
  5. Whisk the egg whites untill stiff and add the cream of tartar.
  6. Once cooled fold the fromage frais into the lemon custard until mixed in then fold in the whites.
  7. Divide between glassed and chill in the fridge for 2 hrs

BREAKFAST: 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS AND A BANANA; LUNCH: TUNA BAKED POTATO WITH 1 TBSP VERY LOW FAT MAYO (0.5 SYN) WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION) AND TWO ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); DINNER: PASTA PESTO (1 SYN), ROASTED TOMATOES, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); SNACKS: GRAPES, CHICKEN MUGSHOT AND BANANAS; PUDDING: "CITRON CHIFFON MOUSSE"

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely yummy - think I may have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete