Pages

Thursday, 10 June 2010

Insalata Nicoise at Carluccios

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

(14 stone 12lbs - interim pre diet break weight)

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

7 on Extra Easy


Baby sitter? Check.
Two girly friends? Check.
Premier seats at the Odeon? Check.
Big bag of grapes instead of popcorn? Check.

And so Sex and The City 2 - attempt 2 was a success (as in we got to go, not as in the film was a success - it really really wasn't. It was too long, the hats were bad and it tackled subjects to serious to be solved by Carrie Bradshaw and her band of wenches.).

But back to the diet: Thursday was my last day on plan until June 21st as we're going on holiday and I am planning to make the most of the naughtiness on offer. I find the day before I start 'off-planning' really difficult because whenever I'm tempted by something syn-ful the fatty devil on my shoulder says 'oh go on, you're going nuts tomorrow anyway, what difference will one more mouthful make?'.

I managed to stay strong on Thursday though. I went to the lengths of planning with the girls where we would eat in advance and checked the Carluccios menu for something suitable.

I decided on "Insalata Nicoise" which is described as "Traditional salad of tuna, green beans, vine tomatoes, new potatoes, anchovy fillets and free range boiled egg dressed with vinaigrette", which I asked for without anchovy fillets (eurgh) and with the dressing on the side. I reckon there was a syn for the olives and it seemed to be drizzled in olive oil, so another 6. 7 SYNS in total.

My lovely girlys are also of a health conscious persuasion and we created a mountain of discarded bread from our dishes. I toyed with bringing it home in my bag to eat in during my diet amnesty but I didn't have enough room and it was quite greasy.

Seeing the SATC girls gives me another desirable mental image to cling on to. Designer labels do not come in my size and if I want to be able to wear a leotard and a tutu (I'm not sure I do - but the option would be nice) then I need to keep at this.

Well, after my holiday anyway!

See you in a week or so (I'll be the big fat one layered in holiday blubber!)

BREAKFAST: MELON SLICES; LUNCH: MONSTER MUSHROOM OMELETTE (IT WAS HUGE!) AND TWO ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION);DINNER: "INSALATA NICOISE"; SNACKS: GRAPES;

PUDDING: NONE. NONE?!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment