Pages

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Lemony Butterfly Chicken

Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4 on Extra Easy

The results are in and my diet abstinence cost me (drum roll.......) a 2lb gain.

To take my mind off it I have been mulling over the following injustice:

The Troll - "Daddy is a super hero"

Me - "What is mummy then?"

The Troll - "Mummy wears glasses"

Well, mummy also cooks so on Wednesday night we had

"Lemony Butterfly Chicken".

For two of you:

  • Chicken breasts
  • Grated rind and juice of one lemon

  • 3 tbsps Olive Oil (HEALTHY B OPTION AND 3 SYNS)

  • Garlic

  • 2 springs of rosemary finely chopped
  • New potatoes
  • Asparagus

I whisk the olive oil, lemon juice & rind, two thirds of rosemary and seasoning and put to one side. I then slice the chicken breast horizontally leaving a 'hinge', open it out and flatten.

I coat the chicken in the marinade and leave overnight

I cube and par boil the potatoes for 7 minutes. Drain 'em, shake 'em and roast 'em for 30 mins in a baking tray with Fry Light & Sea Salt, garlic and remaining rosemary.

The newspaper I got this from said to grill the chicken for 6 minutes, turning half way through, but I did it twice as long to get rid of the pinkness. Then I boil the asparagus and serve!

BREAKFAST: A MASSIVE FRY UP USING SOME OF THE MUSHROOM AND BACON LEFT OVER FROM YESTERDAYS BURGERS AND SCRAMBLED EGG; LUNCH: PASTA WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION), 8 OLIVES (1 SYN) AND FRESH BASIL; DINNER: "LEMONY BUTTERFLY CHICKEN"; SNACKS: 2 BANANAS, FROZEN MANGO CUBES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT, 3 MULLER LITE YOGHURTS - VARIOUS FLAVOURS, ENTIRE BAG OF GRAPES, 2 SYN FREE ICE POLES

No comments:

Post a Comment