Pages

Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Slow Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes

Current Weight:

14 stone 13lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 5lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4 on Extra Easy

My multitasking skills failed me today when I combined making lunch with preparing Squirky's sterilising solution. I caught myself adding
a sachet of chilli chicken powder from my supernoodles into the sterilising bucket full of fresh water.

Other than that I am settling into diet mode once again after our holiday and am enjoying feeling a touch healthier again. I'm even considering....exercise! We hired a bike on the holiday camp last week. The first ten minutes killed me, but I really got into it and am now wondering if I could manage a whole hours exercise a week......watch this space.

On Tuesday evening I served a side of "Slow Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes" with chicken and boiled new potatoes. The tomatoes are meant to serve 6 but me and my Chunky Lover ate this between us. I mainly got the recipe wrong - I had no baby leeks (I used normal ones sliced thinly), no fresh bay leaves (I used dried) and I think I used the wrong size tomatoes. Tasted lovely though so will definitely give the proper version a go at some point! Click here for the original Jamie Oliver recipe and see how badly wrong I got it!


BREAKFAST: BANANA, MELON AND YOGHURT; LUNCH: SUPERNOODLES AND 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "SLOW ROASTED BALSAMIC TOMATOES" (HEALTHY B OPTION FOR OLIVE OIL); SNACKS: APPLES AND ALPEN LITE BAR (3 SYNS) ;

PUDDING:

ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT AND STRAWBERRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment