Pages

Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Squidalicious

Current Weight:

15 stone 2lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 2lbs

Todays Syn Count:

0.5 on Extra Easy

Wow, my Wednesday morning weigh-in was pretty special. The day I went on holiday (and temporarily stopped dieting) I weighed in at 14 stone 12lbs. The day I came back from holiday I weighed 15 stone 6lbs. 2 days later it's my official weigh in and I'm 15 stone 2lbs.

4lbs loss in 2 days? Pretty cool. Now to work on those other 4lbs for next week. Shouldn't be too hard as I have nothing special planned and have got about 15 new recipes lined up to try out. This time round I've realised that you don't have to follow 'slimming world' specific recipes (not that they aren't lovely most of the time), but I'm easily finding really tasty food in normal cookery books that work on the plan.

I adapted the "Squidalicious" recipe from another Jamie Oliver book.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR FOUR PEOPLE:
  • 1kg new potatoes
  • a grab of fresh mint
  • 1kg medium squid gutted
  • Tsp lazy chilli
  • Red onion - sliced
  • A sprinkle of white pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • juice of two lemons
  • Seasoning
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil (HEALTHY B OPTION)
HOW I DID IT:
  • Boil the new potatoes with the mint until slightly overcooked and then fry them in in the olive oil (or frylight) until golden and a bit crushed.
  • Meanwhile slip a knife inside each of the squid and use another to cut through as far as the knife, so the cut doesn't go all the way through the squid.
  • When the potatoes are nicely golden add the onion and mix them up.
  • Season the squid with the ground white pepper and a little salt, then tip the onions and potatoes on another plate and use the same pan to fry the squid for two minutes on each side. Add the garlic and chilli and coat the squid nicely, then add the whole lot together for a final mix on the stove before serving with squeezed lemon.

BREAKFAST: 4 EGGS SCRAMBLED; LUNCH: TUNA MAYO BAKED POTATO (HEALTHY A OPTION AND 0.5 SYNS); DINNER: "SQUIDALICIOUS"; SNACKS: APPLE;

PUDDING:

STRAWBERRIES AND ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment