Pages

Thursday, 24 June 2010

Sweet Cherry Tom Crispy Chicken

Current Weight:

15 stone 2lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 2lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4 on Extra Easy


Ahhh, Tesco...Tesco...Tesco...*shakes head in despair*.
I have a love/hate relationship with their online delivery service. I previously posted my top three favourite rubbish substitutions but today is definitely worth it's own mention.

Very sweet delivery man arrived and brought all my shopping up to my kitchen (LOVE!) but then handed me an obviously defrosted bag of 'frozen' raspberries saying 'not sure what's up with these'. (HATE)

I then found my box of mini-milks (for The Troll but only 1.5 syns each) had literally become milk. (HATE)

I asked for them to be refunded. He got me to sign before doing the refund. I asked if I would definately get refund. He said 'sure - I'll sort it out later'.

I checked my receipt and found he had given me someone else's. I asked for mine. He eventually found it in van.

He left and I then found all 15 freshly delivered eggs were crushed. (HATE)

I phoned helpline who refunded the eggs (LOVE!) but then said I'd have to wait 3-5 days and check my bank balance to see if I had been refunded for raspberries and mini-milks and call back if not. (HATE)

3 hours later I got a call from an apologetic call advisor (LOVE!) who said he was very sorry but todays delivery would need to be cancelled because their van had broken down. He was surprised to learn I already had my delivery. (HATE)

Poor Tesco. Obviously having a bad day. I'll let you off because you delivered my fat free Onken. (LOVE!)

Luckily they also delivered all I needed to make "Sweet Cherry Tom Crispy Chicken" (Jamie Oliver inspired again - guess who got a load of JO books from the library)

WHAT WENT INTO IT:
  • Chicken breasts
  • Bunch of fresh basil - chopped
  • Two punnets of red and yellow cherry tomatoes halved
  • 1 bulb of garlic cloved
  • Tsp of lazy chilli
  • Seasoning
HOW I DID IT:
  • Preheat oven to gas mark 4
  • Season the chicken before fitting them into a casserole dish.
  • Cover with the basil and all the tomatoes, garlic and chilli.
  • Spray with fry light and mix for a moment the pop in oven for 90mins turning the tomatoes half way though and topping up fry light if needed.

I served with lots of green veg.

BREAKFAST: A BANANA, A MELON AND 5 EGGS SCRAMBLED; LUNCH: FRIED SQUID SALAD WITH ROASTED PEPPER, TOMATOES, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "SWEET CHERRY TOM CRISPY CHICKEN"; SNACKS: PUNNET OF GRAPES, APPLE AND 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION), CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (HEALTHY A OPTION);

PUDDING:

ONKEN FAT FREE STRAWBERRY YOGHURT WITH BANANA CHUNKS AND A CHOPPED UP ALPEN LITE BAR (3 SYNS) (BUT WITHOUT FROZEN FRUIT. HATE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment