Pages

Monday, 19 July 2010

Banana Ice Cream

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 7lbs

Todays Syn Count:

6.5 on Extra Easy

So, making banana ice cream is a complete pain in the arse.

I cooked for the In-laws from Heaven and naively thought that whilst I boiled spuds for a monster family sized Shepard's Pie I could whip up a batch of ice cream to last me the next couple of weeks.

Squirky was sleeping and I didn't want the sound of the blender to wake her, so I shut myself in the kitchen (which is the size of a cupboard) with two pans of boiling spuds and a paella pan of simmering mince in sauce and attempted to blend 12 frozen bananas with my hand blender.

I must have lost 5lbs simply from sweating. And I only managed two bananas before I gave up.

Probably for the best because it tastes JUST like ice cream and I kept eating spoons of it as I went. I worked out that if I ate the entire original recipe it would cost me 50 syns but if I ate one scoop a day for 12 days you could get away with it being syn free, as it's only one banana a day.....(I know this is arguable)

However, it tastes so good there was no way it would last twelve minutes let alone 12 days, and for 50 syns I might as well be eating Ben and Jerrys.

Anyway, here's how I was going to make it, it also comes from
"Good House Keeping - Easy to Make Favourite Family Meals"
. (I have ten bananas worth of frozen banana slices in the freezer that I'll have with toffee muller light instead)

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR 12 SERVINGS

  • 12 bananas (48 SYNS FOR ENTIRE TUB, OR 0 PER SERVING)
  • 2-4 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
  • 2-3 tbsp orange juice (0.5 SYNS OR 0 PER SERVING)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Lime juice
HOW I DID IT
  • Slice bananas, lay on baking tray, freeze for 30mins and pop into freezer bag. Repeat until all peices in bags
  • Leave frozen peices to stand at room temp for 3 mins
  • Blend in processor with 1 tbsp fromage frais, 1 tbsp orange juice and vanilla extract
  • Add lime juice to taste. Serve or freeze for one month

BREAKFAST: MELON : LUNCH: LEFT OVER CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE (3 SYNS) ; DINNER: SHEPHERDS PIE - SOPHIE DAHL STYLE (CHEESE HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 3.5 SYNS) ;SNACKS: 1 BANANA, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE) ; PUDDING: "BANANA ICE CREAM" WITH STRAWBERRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment