Pages

Friday, 16 July 2010

Chicken and Cherry Tomato in Balsamic Reduction

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 7lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4.5 on Extra Easy

Had a yummy mummy lunch. Or rather, I was a slummy mummy lunching with a yummy. We went to local canteen so I knew I could get a baked spud and I even took my own grated cheese so I knew how much went on! I was feeling super dedicated!

I'm thinking more about Squirky's food today though. It was the first time that she ate solids outside and the preparation that went into packing an adequate bag made me laugh. I took three different tupperware boxes (not including my one with cheese in), two bottles, two spoons, a bib, wet wipes, muslin squares. I was only going out for a couple of hours!

She's loving food. Yesterday was carrot and sweet potato and today is apple and pear. All free food.....eeek can't get my food optimising head off.

Yesterday as I was measuring formula milk I was counting it in Syns rather than ounces. I'm losing the plot, permanently living in a Slimming style World.

Tonight though I'm feeling a little despondent. All I really want to do is order a massive pizza with cheesy garlic bread and chicken goujans and stuff my face with the lot. I really had to force myself to cook and though it was delicious couldn't stop thinking about greasy cheesy garlic bread. This is what I came up with. (I can't promise that after I publish this I won't end up ordering a Pap Johns though....)

WHAT WENT INTO IT
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • cherry tomatoes
  • basil
  • bay leaves
  • balsamic
  • boiled new potatoes
HOW I DID IT
  • Made cherry tomatoes in balsamic (see recipe here)
  • Grilled chicken breast
  • Covered in tomatoes and balsamic reduction
  • Boiled new potatoes


BREAKFAST: ENTIRE MELON, HANDFUL OF GRAPES, 1 STRAWBERRY MULLER YOGHURT: LUNCH: JACKET SPUD, BAKED BEANS, CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "CHICKEN AND CHERRY TOMATO IN BALSAMIC REDUCTION"; SNACKS: TWO TURKEY BREASTS, 1 BANANA, NECTARINE, 3 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION & 3 SYNS); PUDDING: FROZEN BANANA CHIPS AND 2 TOFFEE MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, CARIBBEAN COCONUT CHOCOLATE OPTIONS MADE WITH WATER (1.5 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment