Pages

Saturday, 10 July 2010

Chocolate Cherry Cake

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

5 on Extra Easy

I have Nigella to thank for tonight's dinner. I followed the recipe almost exactly (apart from substituting the olive oil for fry light), so I won't write it up here but check out the Nigella Lawson website and look for Chicken Schnitzel. I served with asparagus and tomatoes in balsamic.

For pudding I was inspired by three Facebook occurrences:
  1. A discussion on toppings for fruit crumbles, I suggested sweetened cous cous as I used to make fairy cakes from cous cous
  2. Wozzah's blog. His photos are gorgeous and make the cous cous cake look guest worthy!
  3. A lovely friend on FB recommending the new cherrry chocolate options powder.
So I decided to have another go at making a cake and used Options rather than a carton of muller lite as I used to.

WARNING!
Do not follow this exact recipe, please experiment! It wasn't as chocolatey as I know it could be. It needs more playing around with the
cous cous to chocolate powder ratio and maybe more sweetner....?

It was edible with mouthfuls of raspberries at the same time. I'm a quantity over quality kinda gal so I ate it anyway! (Well, ideally quality AND quantity, but we can't have it all....)

3 syns for a plateful of cake? I'm going to eat it no matter how crap it tastes!

WHAT WENT INTO IT
  • 200g cous cous
  • 1 cherry chocolate options indulgence (3 SYNS)
  • 250 semi skimmed milk (HEALTHY A CHOICE)
  • 3 eggs
  • 5 tbsp sweetner
  • Frylight
HOW I DID IT
  • Mix milk and chocolate powder and heat until very warm but not boiling
  • Put cous cous in a bowl and pour on enough boiling water to saturate
  • Add the chocolate milk and stir through. Add more boiling water until cous cous is completely covered
  • Leave to absorb
  • Whisk the eggs
  • When cous cous is swelled, fork lightly and add the eggs and sweetner
  • Spray cake tin with fry light and bake for 30 mins. Allow extra time if middle is still wet!
  • Top with fruit of choice or even a mini milk off the stick for extra chocolatey-ness!
P.S. Kelloggs Fibre Plus. OMG!!!! Gooey proper chocolate - really love this!

BREAKFAST: 3 FRIED EGGS AND 2 JOE'S SAUSAGES; LUNCH: LEFT OVER MEATBALLS WITH PASTA AND TINNED TOMS; DINNER: CHICKEN SCHNITZEL (1 SYN FOR THE WINE); SNACKS: 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (1 SYN), 2 BANANAS, 1 KELLOGGS FIBRE PLUS ( HEALTHY B OPTION), LOT'S OF DIET LEMONADE AND DIET CHERRY COKE;

PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT AND "CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE"

No comments:

Post a Comment