Pages

Friday, 9 July 2010

Italian Burgers and Accompaniments

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

3.5 on Extra Easy

Picky, snacky, pick, pick pick. It's been alpen bars, masses of yoghurt, apples and bananas all morning. I'm starving, no I'm bored, no I'm starving, no I'm bored...it's one of those anyway.

I completed my last body magic session of the week by walking to Tesco to get some lunch, but ended up going so late and being so hot I forgot to get any lunch. I wandered aimlessly around half thinking about how I could use the mince that I had defrosted for dinner on Friday.

I had planned to make meatballs and mash, but it's too too too hot. It took me an age (and I bashed many a poor shoppers ankles with my buggy whilst I day dreamed) to decide to make burgers, wedges and salad. Which is almost the same thing but without the effort of mashing the mash in a boiling kitchen.

The only downside to this last minute change is that I already had my B choice today, so no bun on the burger - but that's no biggy. Though come to think of it, now I've cut some of the syns from my previously panned meal I could syn the bun? But that means going back to Tesco. Oh sod it. It's too hot for this.

I made the burgers and used the left over mince mix to make some meatballs after all for tomorrow's lunch. But then ended up eating 8 of them whilst waiting for dinner to cook. I'm not bored, I'm not starving, I'm a greedy guts.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • 500g extra lean mince
  • 1 egg
  • Tsp lazy chilli
  • Dash of balsamic vinegar
  • 8 olives (1 SYN)
  • Handful of fresh basil
  • Half an onion diced
  • Half an onion sliced into circles
  • 14g cheese (HALF A HEALTHY A OPTION)
HOW I DID IT
  • Blend all ingredients bar the sliced onion and the cheese until well mixed
  • Seperate into quarters. Make burger shapes out of two
  • (I made the rest into ping pong ball sized meatballs, but could have easily made two more burgers for next day, or frozen if mince was fresh)
  • Fried in fry light until brown and cooked through. Flip regularly.
  • Top with cheese and onion whilst still in pan
  • Serve with cajun wedges (recipe here) and salad leaves topped with roasted tomatoes and pepper slices. I also added a dollop of VLF mayo (0.5 SYNS)

BREAKFAST: 3 SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH (AT 5PM?!): BAKED POTATO, TUNA, VLF MAYO (0.5 SYNS) CHEESE (HALF A HEALTHY A CHOICE); DINNER: "ITALIAN BURGERS AND ACCOMPANIMENTS" ; SNACKS: 2 BANANAS, 1 APPLE, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS ( HEALTHY B OPTION), 1 STRAWBERRY MULLER YOGHURT, 2 CHERRY MULLER YOGHURTS, 400G ONKEN FAT FREE YOGHURT; 8 MINI MEATBALLS MADE FROM BURGER RECIPE, LOT'S OF DIET LEMONADE;

PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT (! - THERE'S ALWAYS MORE ROOM FOR YOGHURT) AND A MINI MILK BEFORE BED (1.5 SYNS)

1 comment: