Pages

Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy and Veg

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4.5 on Extra Easy

Am I being punished for something?!?!?!?!?

I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. Then only thing I do do is eat badly. (Okay okay, I also shop too much and watch too much TV but let's ignore those for now)

I'm discovering how to plan a menu that is both healthy and tasty. I'm getting it right with the savoury and over the last couple of weeks I have finally discovered ways of making tasty sweets too. Cheesecake, chocolate cherry cake, lemon mousse......

Having these sweet puddings has made the diet so much easier to adhere to because my sweet tooth is catered for, so no cravings.

So imagine my disappointment when I worked out that the migraines with aura I have been suffering with in last two weeks seem to be because of the Aceslfame Potassium/Aceslfame K found in Splenda and Diet Cherry Coke, Options Hot Chocolate, Shape and Onken yoghurt.......

It's a real kick in the goolies because God knows I'd rather be eating double cream, milk chocolate and sugar, but I'm doing 'the right thing' and it's leaving me in agony.

No more cakes for me then :(

I slink shamefully back into the open arms of Muller Light - I'm so sorry I ever doubted you sweet Muller Light. (Even though Muller's seem to work out more expensive....and really every artificial sweetner is pretty bad for you. But at least the type in Muller doesn't make me need to vomit and loose my vision.)

Tonight's dinner contains no sweetner and is Syn free, "Lamb Shank and Veg":

WHAT WENT INTO IT
  • Tesco Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy 350g
  • Asparagus
  • Purple Sprouting Broccoli
  • Mashed potatoes (with peas, spring onion and 60mls milk 0.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
HOW I DID IT
  • Follow instructions on Tesco Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy 350g
  • Boil the potatoes and add pea 5 mins before finished
  • Fry sliced spring onion in fry light until golden and add the milk until warmed through.
  • Pour milk & spring onion into potatoes and peas then mash
  • Boil Asparagus and broccoli for 4 minutes

BREAKFAST: MELON AND GRAPES: LUNCH: PASTA, CHEESE (HEALTHY OPTION A) 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "LAMB SHANK AND VEG"; SNACKS: LEFT OVER TWO TONE SOUP, PACKET OF FERGAL'S HAM, 1 BANANA, ALPEN LIGHT BAR (3 SYNS); PUDDING: BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE MADE WITH
KELLOGGS FIBRE PLUS BAR (HEALTHY B OPTION)

No comments:

Post a Comment