Pages

Monday, 5 July 2010

Manzo Casseruola

Current Weight:

15 stone 1lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 3lbs

Todays Syn Count:

6.25 on Extra Easy


As I watched Britain's Next Top Model on Monday evening, the room illuminated both by the glow of the television and my sun burnt skin, I pondered on what to cook on Tuesday.

I have a couple of things on my provisional menu this week but they involve some prep work and as I was out all day on Tuesday I didn't have the time for anything that involved cutting, dicing or shaping.

I took the girls to a great soft playhouse. It's SW friendly as they sell bowls of plain pasta and cups of grapes so even if I hadn't planned ahead and taken lunch I still would have had snacks to pick from.

However, it's next door to a Waitrose which is a massive downfall of mine.
I have to go.............
I have to go to the cake counter..........
I have to chose delicious looking cakes.........
I have to take them home.............
I have to make my Chunky Lover eat them as I watch.............

I'm a part time feeder and as such he will always remain a tiny bit Chunky.

Back to my meal pondering. As Elle whittled the 25 models down to the final 14 I settled on "Manzo Casseruola". I adapted this from a meal called Italian Style Beef but that sounds so un-Italian.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 yellow pepper deseeded and quartered
  • 1 finely chopped garlic clove
  • Fry Light
  • 300g lean beef strips
  • 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
  • Fresh rosemary sprig
  • 16 olives (1 SYN PER SERVING)
  • 250ml Red Wine (4.25 SYNS PER SERVING) (I recommend using far less than this - 100mls will do, mine mostly tasted of wine)
  • A glug of balsamic
HOW I DID IT
  • Cook onion and garlic in pan with frylight until golden
  • Add wine, balsamic, beef, pepper, tomatoes and rosemary then bring to the boil (remove rosemary before serving)
  • Simmer for 30 minutes then add olives
  • Serve with green veg (I wish I had served with rice though)
Mangia bene!

BREAKFAST: 3 SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH HAM; LUNCH: PASTA BAKE WITH CHEESE AND 8 OLIVES (1 SYN AND HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "MANZO CASSERUOLA"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS ( HEALTHY B OPTION), GRAPES;

PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND ONKEN FAT FREE YOGHURT




No comments:

Post a Comment