Pages

Thursday, 8 July 2010

Pepper Chicken Casserole

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

8 on Extra Easy


I not only achieved my body magic aim last week but did a bonus session on the Sunday. The bonus session was great because I lost 3lbs this week, but on the downside I suffered terrible sun burn and couldn't put on a bra for 3 days.

The end result of this (what with being bra-less, in immense pain and awake from 4am with Squirky) is that I have been less focussed on getting my 45 minutes of exercise twice this week.

Then today I woke up and didn't hurt any more. I almost felt this was a shame because I didn't have an excuse any more. Regardless, I did an hour's brisk walk to the library and back and sweated like a pig. Hmmm, nice image.

Squirky is working on her own body magic goal and is on the brink of crawling. There's a few belly flops going on but she's getting where she wants to be. A nice little analogy for my own dieting journey!

For dinner on Thursday we had Pepper Chicken Casserole. I used some of the chicken to make The Troll some chicken and basil cakes with egg noodles for her tea after nursery.

The Troll: I want some dinner.
Mummy Blubber: You need to say something at the end of that to make it sound nicer....
The Troll: Erm? Christmas?

Made me laugh but got a 'please' out of her in the end. This is how I cooked the grown ups dinner "Pepper Chicken Casserole":

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • Lean chicken pieces
  • 1 yellow and 1 red pepper deseeded and quartered
  • 3 tsps lazy garlic
  • Frylight
  • 1 leek, trimmed and chopped into 4 parts
  • 100g chopped ham
  • A couple of shakes of paprika
  • 175ml red wine (3 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Tin of chopped tomatoes
  • a small sprinkle of fresh lemon thyme
HOW I DID IT

  • Preheat oven to gm3
  • Fry chicken on high heat until golden
  • Remove set aside and use same pan to fry peppers
  • After 2 mins add leek and garlic
  • After 2 mins add ham
  • Sprinkle with paprika and then cover with the wine
  • Leave to bubble for 30 secs
  • Add chicken back into pan with tomatoes and thyme
  • Add water until chicken is covered and season
  • Allow to simmer, cover and put in oven for 1 hour
I served with asparagus, mange tout and potatoes roasted in fry light

BREAKFAST: 3 SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH: TUNA MAYO BAKED POTATO WITH CHEESE (0.5 SYN AND HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "PEPPER CHICKEN CASSEROLE"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS ( HEALTHY B OPTION), 2 BANANAS, A MELON, 3 MINI MILKS - ONCE I HAD ONE I COULDN'T STOP...(4.5 SYNS), THE TROLL'S LEFT OVER CHICKEN AND BASIL CAKES;

PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND ONKEN FAT FREE YOGHURT




No comments:

Post a Comment