Pages

Saturday, 10 July 2010

Pork and Crackling, Peas, Asparagus, Broccoli and Red Wine Gravy

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

8.5 on Extra Easy

My Chunky Lover is a much better cook than me. He concentrates so much more on what he is doing. He settles in the kitchen for two or three hours, testing and checking, adding a little of this and a dash of that. He even prepares a soundtrack to cook by. His food always tastes amazing. My style of cooking is more like 'shove it all in a pot in the oven and come back in half an hour'. His grandad was chef, so he says cooking comes naturally to him, it's 'in his blood'. I'm not going to argue, it's definitely always a treat. And I love how he wears a tea towel over his shoulder. Looks so professional!

Normally he roasts my half of the veg (peppers, leeks and potatoes) in fry light and his in oil. Or use fry light and a tbsp of olive oil each. As I used my HEB at lunch time and the pork and gravy had already cost me 8 syns I could only have frylight. My Chunky Lover's cheffing went a bit wonky though and the same pan got used for both lots of veg, rendering my veg syntastic and therefore off the menu. I quickly boiled up some green veg instead and the red wine gravy made it taste far naughtier than it was.

He prepped all this whilst I took The Troll to see Shrek 3 in 3D. Pre-cinema lunch was at Pizza Hut where I had a salad bowl and water. I wasn't even vaguely tempted by The Trolls chicken nuggets. Then I ate a punnet of blueberries during the film - they tasted like sweeties! I used to think you couldn't go to the cinema without eating rubbish but I seem to have proved myself wrong!

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • Tesco Pork Crackling Joint 640g (5.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Peas, broccoli and asparagus
  • Gravy made from: bisto (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING), 50mls red wine (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING), garlic, bay leaves, worcestshire sauce)


BREAKFAST: MELON AND GRAPES: LUNCH: SALAD BOWL FROM PIZZA HUT: LETTUCE, SWEET CORN, GRAPES, APPLE, TOMATO, CUCUMBER, FETA (HEALTHY A OPTION), OIL (HEALTHY B OPTION) 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "ROAST PORK AND CRACKLING"; SNACKS: 2 BANANAS, 1 APPLE, I PUNNET OF BLUEBERRIES; PUDDING: NONE

No comments:

Post a Comment