Pages

Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Prawn & Rocket Linguine

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 7lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4 on Extra Easy

There were two weigh-in's today.
I'm beaming because I made it to a one and a half stone loss. I miss the shiny stickers they give out in class, but awarded myself an imaginary one.

The second weigh in of the day was for Squirky who is now a whopping 1 stone 3lbs. Go Squirky!!!!! It's hard to believe that I have lost more than she weighs - lugging her around is a reminder of my achievement, but am also aware I need to lose another 4stone to have a healthy BMI...

Today I got up, dressed The Troll as a policeman for her fancy dress day at nursery, did my body magic on the Wii Fit, gave Squirky her solids, did the washing up from last night and put on a wash, finally sitting down at 10am for breakfast. By then I was ravenous. I ate buckets of yoghurt and tonnes of scrambled eggs. It doesn't help that I'm on my 'star week', which makes me want to eat constantly (and how is that any different to the rest of my life?).

I also piled the dinner high this evening. "Prawn and Rocket Linguine" is inspired by the gorgeous Nigella Lawson and there are other fabulous recipes that can be adapted on this link.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • 200g prawns
  • Pasta - linguine or spaghetti
  • Frylight
  • 4 spring onions sliced
  • 125ml white wine (2.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1 tsp lazy chilli
  • 200g of cherry tomatoes
  • 50g rocket leaves
HOW I DID IT
  • Cook pasta as per packet
  • Roast cherry tomatoes in oven for 20 mins with a spray of frylight
  • Fry the spring onions and chilli in frylight, then add the roasted tomatoes and the prawns
  • When heated add the wine and boil, then add rocket and let it wilt
  • Add cooked pasta to pan
  • Mix and serve

BREAKFAST: 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS, 2 BANANAS, 3 TUBS OF YOGHURT: LUNCH: LEFT OVER TWO TONE SOUP; DINNER: "PRAWN & ROCKET LINGUINE"
; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION), 3/4'S OF A TIN OF SWEETCORN; THE TROLLS LEFT OVER EGG NOODLES, PRAWNS, SWEETCORN AND TOMATOES, 3 BANANAS, 2 MORE YOGHURTS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND FAT FREE YOGHURT, OPTIONS CARIBBEAN COCONUT HOT CHOCOLATE (HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 1.5 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment