Pages

Monday, 26 July 2010

Tart au Citron

Current Weight:

14 stone 10lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 8lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4.5 on Extra Easy

After some careful deliberation I have decided that
I weigh just over 34lbs there.

Actually no, that's a bit too skinny. I'm going to Uranus (*suppresses giggles*) because I weigh my interim target weight there.

Today (still on Earth) I ate TWO salads which is quite impressive for me. I find the perfect salad has more meat, egg, olives and potatoes than salad veg. Which is exactly how these two were made. You could barely see any lettuce even though there was a fair amount of it on my plate.

Then for afters I made the BEST Slimming World dessert I have come across yet: "Tart au Citron". The topping really does come as close to cheesecake as I think it might be possible to get. The base was lemony and light. I'm going to have another right now. (and try not to worry about the artificial sweetner).

WHAT WENT INTO THEM:

Base

  • 57g couscous (but I should have used a bit less - maybe 47g?)

  • 75ml boiling water

  • 2tsp lemon juice & a little lemon rind

  • 1tbsp granulated low calorie sweetener

  • Fry Light

Filling

  • 1 egg & 1 egg yolk, beaten together

  • 57g Quark

  • 1 x 200gm Mullerlight vanilla yoghurt

  • juice and rind of a lemon

  • 3tbsp granulated low calorie sweetener

  • 1tsp icing sugar (1 SYN)

HOW I DID IT:

  • Pre-heat the oven to Gas 3.

  • Soaking the couscous in boiling water for 5 minutes

  • Add the lemon juice, rind and sweetener and stir well.

  • Press into 2 presentation rings sprayed with Fry Light and cook for 10 minutes.

  • Whilst cooking, mix all the filling ingredients together

  • Pour into the rings on top of the base.

  • Cook for about 30 minutes or until set.

  • Leave to cool then chill (still in the rings) for at least 2 hours.

  • Remove from the ringand dust 0.5tsp of icing sugar over each tart before serving.


BREAKFAST: MELON AND GRAPES; LUNCH: ROCKET LEAVES, 2 BOILED EGGS, CHICKEN PIECES IN SYLVIA'S RIB, RUB N MORE, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN), BOILED POTATOES; DINNER: LETTUCE, CUCUMBER, TOMATO, CHICKEN PIECES, BOILED EGGS, POTATOES, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: "TART AU CITRON", OPTIONS CARIBBEAN COCONUT HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH MILK (HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 1.5 SYNS)

5 comments:

  1. mmm! that looks very tasty, I must try soon, thanks
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you get on. I recommend you use less base than me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the topping on this looks gorgeous - i must try it all i need is the quark :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made this it was delicious. Thanks so much for the receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good! Glad you liked it! Sorry for the ludicrously slow response. I've just returned to the blog.

    ReplyDelete