Pages

Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection Chicken with Chorizo and Manchego

Current Weight:

14 stone 09lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 9lbs

Todays Syn Count:

5.5 on Extra Easy

Wednesday weigh in and it's another 1lb off. Even though this is great considering I had a day off plan on Friday, I still feel a bit disappointed because my body feels as though I have lost a lot more than that. I should have measured myself at the start - maybe it's inches that have changed this week.

Anyway, more importantly than anything else I have now lost 10% of my original weight.

To work this out, divide 100 by your original start weight in lbs, then multiply the result by the number of pounds you have lost so far.

So, I weighed 228lbs to start and have lost 23lbs so far:
100/228 = 0.44
0.44 x 23 = 10%

A quick check of the Slimming World website tells me that losing 10% of your original weight has the following benefits:
  • Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure
  • Reduces risk of heart attack and diabetes
  • Reduces strain on joints
  • Improves asthma.
Well, I had severe pelvic pain during and after pregnancy, and I don't feel that any more and I haven't needed my inhaler for weeks - so I guess it's working already for me!

At 18.30 I developed a huge migraine with aura - odd as haven't had a surplus of sweetner? So my Chunky Lover cooked dinner: "Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection Chicken with Chorizo and Manchego Cheese".

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE:
  • Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection Chicken with Chorizo and Manchego (3.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Roasted new potatoes
  • Asparagus and broccoli
HOW I DID IT:
  • Cook chicken as per pack instructions
  • Par boil potatoes for 7 minutes, then roast in preheated oven (gm9) for 45 minutes with sea salt and garlic
  • Boil asparagus for 3 minutes


BREAKFAST: SCRAMBLED EGGS, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: BAKED POTATO AND BAKED BEANS WITH SIDE SALAD; DINNER: "CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND MANCHEGO"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: FROZEN BANANAS IN TOFFEE MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT, OPTIONS CARIBBEAN COCONUT HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH MILK (HEALTHY A OPTION AND 1.5 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment