Pages

Monday, 12 July 2010

Two Tone Soup

Current Weight:

14 stone 12lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 6lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4.5 on Extra Easy

Today, as a little experiment, I weighed myself before and after I did a wee. There was 6lb difference.

Either I have really heavy wee or my scales are really flaky.

Regardless, from now on I will always be popping to the loo before I weigh in.

"Two Tone Soup" looks so cool that it's almost a shame to eat. Another good one for guests. Mine looks a little bit lumpy, but that's because for some reason I had 200ml of stock in my head rather than 2pts. If I had made 2pts it would have lasted longer and been smoother, I'm sure.

I'm going to experiment with this one again in the future because you could use any two differently coloured soups - beetroot, carrot, butternut squash - or even go crazy and use food colouring.

Squirky got a bit fed up watching me on the Wii Fit so I ended up doing the step class holding her. I guess that's extra body magic for the arms.



WHAT WENT INTO IT
  • 2 large leeks - unpeeled
  • 1 large onion - unpeeled and halved
  • Lazy garlic
  • 2 large potatos - peeled and cubed
  • 200ml of chicken bovril (but should have been 2pts)
  • 100g fresh peas
  • Seasoning
HOW I DID IT
  • Preheat oven to gasmark 6
  • Wrap each individual leek, both halves of onion separately and roast for 1hr
  • When roasted and cool to the touch, unwrap, peel and chop roughly
  • Boil the potatoes until soft
  • Blend the potatoes and half onion with half of the stock then add lazy garlic and seasoning and blend again - set aside
  • Boil peas and drain
  • Blend the leeks, half onion, peas and stock. When smooth add lazy garlic and seasoning and blend till smooth.
  • Heat both soups separately and pour into separate jugs
  • Poor into bowl at same time to make half and half pattern.


BREAKFAST: MELON AND GRAPES: LUNCH: "TWO TONE SOUP"; DINNER: TUNA MAYO JACKET POTATOE & CHEESE (0.5 SYNS AND HEALTHY A CHOICE), BOILED EGG, HOME GROWN SALAD LEAVES, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); SNACKS: 2 BANANAS, 1 COUS COUS CAKE (3 SYNS), KELLOGGS FIBRE PLUS BAR (HEALTHY B OPTION); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND FAT FREE ONKEN YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment