Pages

Friday, 13 August 2010

Crab, Chilli and Watercress Linguine

Current Weight:

14 stone 07lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 11lbs

Todays Syn Count:

3.5 on Extra Easy

Last night, the chinese take away that was meant to make life easier made things a million times harder. I had finished eating and had just steered the Troll back into bed for the fiftieth time when I noticed the soy sauce bottle on it's side.

It was a fresh bottle that I had opened just for this meal. The bottle was now empty and the contents had soaked into the carpet and bean bag.

It was 9.15pm and I had only just got out the duvet to snuggle under whilst I watched Big Brother. Instead of snuggling I was on my hands and knees soaking up and squeezing out the soy bean juice. Not a million miles away from what I'd been doing earlier in the week with the kiddies vomit.

When I had finished with the carpet I then tried to empty the bean bag balls into a duvet cover so I could wash the soy sauce off the cover before it got really stinky. Except I tried to do it too quickly so loads of the little polystyrene balls flew out.

So our pokey little living room became reminiscent of a snowy chinese takeaway.

Bleurgh - good riddance to this week.

The sun hasn't been out all day so it seems a bit wrong to be making a recipe from Nigella Lawson's 'Forever Summer', but that's just what I've done, and we had 'Crab, Chilli and Watercress Linguine'.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:

  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp maldon salt
  • 1 tsp lazy chilli
  • 300g crab meat (200g white, 100g brown)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil (HEALTHY B CHOICE AND 3 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Juice & zest of 1 lemon
  • 250g linguine
  • watercress-handful

HOW I DID IT:

  • Make pasta as per pack instructions
  • Blend garlic and salt into a paste
  • Add chilli and mix
  • Add crabmeat and mix
  • Add oil and mix
  • Finally add lemon and mix
  • Add to cooked pasta then add watercress
BREAKFAST: MELON AND 2 BANANAS; LUNCH: ROAST SPUD WITH TUNA MAYO (0.5 SYNS) AND CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION);DINNER: "CRAB, CHILLI & WATERCRESS LINGUINE"; SNACKS: 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, 2 BANANAS, 1 SATSUMA, THE TROLLS LEFT OVER RISOTTO AND CHICKEN (SYN FREE); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES WITH 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment