Pages

Thursday, 19 August 2010

Korma, Pilau & Almost a Naan

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight loss so far:
1 stone 13lbs

Today's Syn count:
28.5 on Extra Easy

I made a Slimming World Korma once. It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R........and only tasted okayISH...

Surely one of the greatest things about curry is sheer convenience? The recipe I followed was not convenient at all.

I've been hankering for a curry and only like the butter sauces, so I did a bit of cross referencing between Tesco products from their website and syns online until I found the lowest syn value ready made sauces, rice and naan.

Chunky Lover isn't much of a curry eater, so I'm using the opportunity of him being out tonight to have my Indian feast.

Lot's of it and low in syns. Perfectomundo!

However.....what I hadn't taken into account was that the cup of tea I was having at my friends house would turn into a afternoon tea with scones, jam and cream. So My 'Korma, Pilau and Almost a Naan' syn spurge (13 syns) turned into a general splurge (28 syns). I'm staying in control by counting everything and dropping the syn heavy naan.

Also I only had half a syn yesterday so perhaps it will balance out?


WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR ONE:
350g lean chicken
1/4 jar Tesco Lighter Choices Korma Sauce (5 SYNS PER SERVING)
Batcherlors Pilau Savoury Rice
50g Tesco Finest Mini Naan (didn't have it but would have been 8 SYNS PER SERVING)

HOW I DID IT:
Made as per pack instructions!


BREAKFAST: MELON; LUNCH: BAKED POTATO WITH TUNA MAYO (0.5 SYNS) AND CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "KORMA, PILAU AND ALMOST A NAAN";SNACKS: CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS), 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE), 2 BANANAS, SATSUMA, AFTERNOON TEA - SYNS ESTIMATED BUT GENEROUSLY: TESCO LIGHTER CHOICES SCONE (8.5 SYNS), 2 TBSP JAM (4 SYNS), CREAM (10 SYNS) ; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBE

1 comment: