Pages

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Maple Syrup Chicken

Current Weight:
14 stone 7 lbs

Weight loss so far:
1 stone 11lbs

Today's Syn count:
4.5 on Extra Easy

Some promotional tea bags were posted through our front door on Saturday. Yorkshire tea. I tried one and am totally converted! I must be a Yorkshire lass under this southern exterior.

Or maybe I enjoyed it more because it was free? Does free food taste better?

Also today I am filled with the joys of Slimming World. I'm really excited about tomorrows weigh in because my jeans keep slipping and I feel like I have lost a nice little chunk of weight. How cool would it be to lose 3lbs and get to my 2 stone? Cool but probably unrealistic. I only did two lots of body magic last week.

But how great is Slimming World that I have lost almost two stone and yet at least twice a month I'm having a complete blow out and gorging on chocolate and bread? I really feel like I can stick to this 'diet' forever and ever.

I started preparation for tonight's dinner at 9.30am so it could marinade all day. We're having 'Maple Syrup Chicken' from Cook Yourself Thin - Quick and Easy. Sadly Squirky was having some teething pain issues tonight and as a result the marinade reduction simmered away to nothing on the hob. However I could taste from the chicken that it would have been delicious, so I'll do this again when bed time is less stressful.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup (2.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 clove of crushed garlic
  • 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
  • 1/2tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • Seasoning
HOW I DID IT:
  • Combine paprika and seasoning and dust the chicken with it
  • Mix all the ingredients together and marinade chicken in it for at least 2 hours in a sealed container
  • Remove chicken from the marinade (but keep marinade) and cook chicken for 35mins in a preheated oven covered loosely in foil
  • In a small pan simmer marinade until reduced by about a third
  • Pour over chicken
  • Serve with roasted potatoes (in frylight and garlic lovers grinder) and green veg

BREAKFAST: 5 SCRAMBLED EGGS, 3 RASHERS OF BACON, SPAGHETTI HOOPS, 3 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1.5 SYNS); LUNCH: BAKED POTATO WITH TUNA MAYO (0.5 SYNS) AND CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE); DINNER: "MAPLE SYRUP CHICKEN"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE), 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, 2 BANANAS, SATSUMA; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment