Pages

Saturday, 7 August 2010

Rainbow Fruit Salad

Current Weight:

14 stone 07lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 11lbs

Today's Syn Count:

Well over my daily syn allowance on Extra Easy


I entered into Saturday blindly. Friends have taken pity on me since I'm on my own for the weekend and invited me over for the day. This particular friend is an incredible cook and there is no way that I'm going to turn down a meal cooked by her, no matter how syn laden it is, and also I would feel rude imposing my own (non-medical) food requirements on my hosts.

This lovely lady has a natural healthy approach to life & cooking which makes me gag with envy. They exercise lots and eat wholesome food made with organic ingredients, so you'd think I'd be safe eating at theirs without breaking my diet, however there will be the odd thing thrown in that will send my syn count spiralling, like a pesto crust on a rack of lamb, or a potato cooked in virgin olive oil.

It has always struck me as slightly peculiar that there are a few foods I woud consider healthy for your overall diet that Slimming World limits as a HE or can only be counted as syns, such as nuts and seeds and fruit juice. I mean how strange is it that Slimming World is a healthy way to be, yet to stick to it I would choose a diet coke over an orange juice. I wouldn't give my children diet coke because I wouldn't consider it healthy for them, but I'd let them have a small glass of orange juice. And yet I follow a different path...

Not that I'm complaining - the diet works!!!

So I have little control over my main meal today, but I can control the pudding. I took a 'Rainbow Fruit Salad'. I took ice cream for the non dieters and fat free Fromage Frais for me, but after the main meal decided to go mad and have the ice cream instead (as well as two slices of banana cake).

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR FIVE PEOPLE
  • Punnet of strawberries
  • Punnet of raspberries
  • Punnet of grapes
  • One dragon fruit - balled
  • Punnet of blueberries
  • Pineapple chunks
HOW I DID IT
  • Mix together - seemples!
BREAKFAST: 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS AND 3 JOES SAUSAGES WITH MIXED BERRIES; LUNCH: WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO AND DUCK BREAST WITH SKIN ON (A WHOLE LOTTA SYNS); DINNER: CHEESE ON TOAST AND SOME CHOCOLATE (SYN OVERLOAD); SNACKS: 4 BUTTERED CRUMPETS, 2 SLICES OF BANANA CAKE WITH TEA (SYNS SYNS SYNS); PUDDING: "RAINBOW FRUIT SALAD" AND BEN AND JERRY'S CHERRY GARCIA (ANOTHER LOTTA SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment