Pages

Thursday, 5 August 2010

Salmon and Pea Cakes and Wedges

Current Weight:

14 stone 07lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 11lbs

Todays Syn Count:

7.5 on Extra Easy

So My Chunky Lover has been away one night and already I'm feeling the pain.

The Troll refused to stay in bed again. At 10pm I put her down (for the 20th time) and I did my own bedtime prep. As I went to my room I found The Troll standing in the hallway again. I told her I was going to bed but she she still refused to go to her room.

So I turned out the lights and went to bed. I spent 10 minutes tossing and turning (though exhausted) but obviously couldn't settle knowing she was still up. I got up and she wasn't in her room. I found her on the sofa, still wide awake, wrapped in my cardigan.

I bargained with her and she eventually went to bed with my cardigan. Tonight the cardigan can go with her at 19.30, perhaps it's all she needs?!

At 7am we woke up. The Troll padded into my room, the right side of her face and eyebrow matted in dry blood. Her left index finger also bloodied. It would seem she picks her nose in her sleep.

Once cleaned (which was a trial in itself) I attempted to dress her whilst she squirmed and twisted trying to retain prime TV viewing position. In the end I turned the telly off so she would concentrate on the task in hand. Se threw the remote control at my head.

I NEED SUPER NANNY!!!!!!

I'm prepping up dinner early this afternoon so that it can just be popped in the oven this evening, I'm having 'Salmon and Pea Cakes and Wedges'. With my Chunky Lover on his jollies (oh how I wish I were with you Chunky!) I don't have a free hand to cook as well as try and encourage successful bedtime routines...

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR ONE PERSON
  • 2 salmon fillets
  • 100g frozen peas defrosted
  • 3 potatos mashed dry
  • Seasoning
  • 1 egg
HOW I DID IT
  • Cook as per pack instructions and flake salmon into a bowl
  • Add peas, potato and beaten egg
  • Season
  • Shape into 4 cakes
  • Fry in frylight for 8 minutes until browned
  • Serve with slimming world wedges, roasted cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and 1 tbsp of very low fat mayo (0.5 SYNS)
I made 4 Salmon and Pea Cakes...and ate all of them...I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed....

BREAKFAST: 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS, 2 YOGHURTS; LUNCH: 330g LAMB STEAKS IN SYLVIA'S RIB RUB AND A SAINSBURY SALAD BOX; DINNER: "SALMON AND PEA CAKES AND WEDGES"; SNACKS: 2 KELLOGGS HI FIBRE BAR (HEALTHY B CHOICE AND 5.5 SYNS), 2 BANANAS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES IN 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, OPTIONS CARIBBEAN COCONUT HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH MILK (HEALTHY A OPTION AND 1.5 SYNS)

2 comments:

  1. mmm salmon fishcakes look great, also I love the troll's antics. I was babysitting grand-daughter no. 1 last night with similar delaying tactics!
    Jillymeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must go to a special school to learn this stuff! She was just as bad last night - dreading tonight! x

    ReplyDelete