Pages

Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Sea food Spaghetti

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 07lbs

Todays Syn Count:

5.75 on Extra Easy

Had a lovely day with Granny and Grandpa (The Trolls and Squirky's Great Granny and Grandpa), and as I predicted - despite me asking them not to - they laid out iced party rings, sandwiches, peanut butter on toast, battenburg cake, shed loads of tea and choccie biccies. I declined everything and stuck to my filling pasta bake.

I did let the Troll have whatever she wanted. It makes my grandparents so happy to spoil her and we see them so rarely. The Troll must have eaten an entire packet of party rings. That's me girl!

I didn't feel denied though. I really don't like either battenburg or party rings and I had tonight's dinner to look forward to - a classic marinara.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:

  • Tesco Raw Fruit de Mer (400g) - I picked out the mussels
  • Frylight
  • 125ml water
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1 400g tin of tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree (0.25 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 85mls White wine (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1/2tsp lemon rind grated
  • 1tbsp chopped fresh basil
  • 150g spaghetti
  • Parmesan (HEALTHY A OPTION)

HOW I DID IT:

  • Fry onion in frylight for 5 mins
  • Add sauce ingredients: garlic, tin chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, sugar, lemon rind, half the basil, and water
  • Simmer for one hour and stir it every now and then
  • Season
  • Add seafood mix and cook for 10 more minutes
  • Make spaghetti as per pack instructions
  • Combine with sauce and top with parmesan and basil
BREAKFAST: MELON AND 3 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1.5 SYNS); LUNCH: LEFTOVER HAWAIIAN PIZZA PASTA BAKE (2 SYNS) ; DINNER: "SPAGHETTI MARINARA"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION), 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES WITH 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment