Pages

Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Sticky Thai Chicken and Citrus Rice Salad

Current Weight:

14 stone 07lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 11lbs

Todays Syn Count:

8 on Extra Easy

The Troll finally went quiet at 9.45 last night. My Chunky Lover was asleep before she was. By the end of the evening her room was a virtual prison cell. All the breakables (money box, framed pictures) had been removed. Her light-bulb had been taken away (this sounds cruel but I'm talking about her main light which she kept turning on - she still had her trusty night-light!) and she was wearing a ill matched pair of pyjamas that she had changed into in apparent protest.

She only came out 8 times though.

The Troll: 'Mummy, I have a prob-a-lem
'
Mummy Blubber: 'What problem?'
The Troll:
  • 'It's too hot'
  • 'It's too cold'
  • 'I can hear your programes'
  • 'I need the toilet' (x 3 - once the truth, twice a lie - just wanted to play with taps)
  • 'My arm won't go in my pyjamas'
  • 'I think it's morning time now'
And now it seems her behaviour has rubbed off on Squirky the wonder baby who has slept from 7pm to 4am practically since birth, and more recently slept right through to 5.30. However, last night she was up at 1.30am!!!! She didn't settle again until 3.30am.

Eurgh....so this morning Chunky Lover did the early shift when Squirky got up for good at 5.30am and roused The Troll at 7.30am for nursery. She was a like a moody teenager 'Go away! Leave me alone, I'm tired!' SHE'S TIRED?!?!?!?!

I finally got up at 8am, and as it is weigh in day I had my cup of tea to erm....how do I put this?...'set my self in motion' so that I have purged every last ounce before I step on the scales....sorry - that's too much info again right?

And....I lost 2lbs!!!

My Chunky Lover is off on his annual Dad's-Off-Duty weekend away with his mates, so I'll be cooking for one from tomorrow. Tonight though I'm trying out 'Sticky Thai Chicken and Citrus Rice Salad' and Eton Mess for pudding so when he goes he has a full belly and a happy heart - thus ensuring he comes back to us. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come back to this madhouse!

The chicken part of the recipe comes from 'Good House Keeping - Easy to Make Favourite Family Meals'

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO PEOPLE
  • Sticky Thai Chicken
  • 1 crushed garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp clear honey (1.25 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce (0.75 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • Citrus Rice Salad
  • 100g mixed basmati and wild rice
  • 4 spring onions
  • handful of baby leaf spinach
  • Grated rind and juice of one orange
  • 1 tbsp of soy sauce
HOW I DID IT
  • Preheat oven to gas mark 6
  • Mix garlic, honey and chilli sauce
  • Coat chicken pieces in marinade
  • Roast for until juices run clear
  • Cook rice as per packet instructions and drain
  • Fry the spring onions in frylight for one minute and then stir through rice with the orange juice and rind, soy sauce and spinach


BREAKFAST: MELON, STRAWBERRIES AND YOGHURT, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS): LUNCH: TUNA SALAD WITH RED ONION, TOMATO AND 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "STICKY THAI CHICKEN AND CITRUS RICE SALAD"; SNACKS: 2 MULLER YOGHURTS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: ETON MESS, MADE WITH VANILLA MULLER MIXED WITH QUARK, FROZEN FRUITS OF THE FOREST AND 3 MINI MERINGUES (3 SYNS), COCONUT OPTIONS HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH 350ML SKIMMED MILK (HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 1.5 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment