Pages

Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Sun and Moon Soup

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 07lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4 on Extra Easy

It's a sign of a modern couple isn't it that my Chunky Lover and I managed to have a row by text and MSN yesterday? And it's a sign of a tired couple isn't it that we were rowing about the lack of Milton Sterilising Tablets in Tesco. We made up again via MSN - cue a set of smiley face and heart emoticons. 5 years ago, when Milton tablets weren't even a blip on our radar we used to have the time to row face to face. Oh how life changes....

In other disheartening news...it's Wednesday weigh in - the result is bad. Very bad.

So to recap, I went vaguely over my syn allowance on Friday, majorly on Saturday, stupidly on Sunday and insanely on Monday.

And I thought maybe a 3 or 4lb gain was in order.

But I put six pounds on. SIX POUNDS!!! In four days!!! Eeeek.

Well never mind. It's done now. I'm ful
ly back on plan and hopefully (fingers tightly crossed) I'll see a chunk of that drop off next week.

And so to cheer up the house I made a sunny coloured cheerful 'Sun & Moon Soup', which has a garlic potato moon in the middle, surrounded by a butter nut squash sun. Ahhhh, smiley again!

WHAT WENT INTO SOUP FOR ONE OVER A FEW DAYS:

  • 2pts chicken stock
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • Peeled and deseeded butternut squash
  • 400g peeled potatoes
  • Garlic bulb
  • Seasoning

HOW I DID IT:

  • Cut butternut into chunks and roast with seasoning and frylight, alongside the unpeeled garlic cloves covered in tinfoil for 30mins
  • Boil the potatoes
  • When roasted blend the butternut and turmeric and add the stock, put to one side
  • Blend potatoes, garlic and add remaining stock
  • Simmer both soups separately
  • To serve, place a presentation ring in the centre of the bowl, poor potato soup into ring and butternet outside so both soups are at same level, then remove ring
BREAKFAST: MELON AND 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYNS); LUNCH: "SUN AND MOON SOUP" ; DINNER: LEFTOVER GARLICY LAMB AND THE PRETTIEST DAMN SALAD I EVER DONE SAW WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); SNACKS: 3 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION AND 3 SYNS), 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, 4 SATSUMAS, 2 BANANAS, LEFT OVER DISNEY PRINCESS SPAGHETTI HOOPS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES WITH 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

4 comments:

  1. i like the name sun and moon soup.... nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Sometimes I think what you call a dish can change the perception of it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mummy Blubber, just stumbled accross your blog by accident and I'm hooked! Need to join Slimming World soon and I will deffo be looking in for ideas and to have a chuckle at your blogs for inspiration. Brilliant!!! I love how you have made the thought of being on a diet into something fun and refreshing for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Janine!

    So pleased you are enjoying it - I really love writing it. Good luck on the plan - you'll love it too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete