Pages

Monday, 16 August 2010

Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad

Current Weight:
14 stone 7 lbs

Weight loss so far:
1 stone 11lbs

Today's Syn count:
2 on Extra Easy

The family are all mended again. There have been no more vomits since Saturday morning and we even managed a brief trip to the park yesterday afternoon. In fact my Chunky Lover is so well he is very much looking forward to the fish and chips that the In-Laws from Heaven are bringing along tonight. I'll be distracting myself from the mouthwatering smell by feeding Squirky her textured solids. She made a comedy disgusted face yesterday when she tried the Salmon and Spinach, but maybe she'll do better with her Blueberry and Apple.

For lunch I had 'Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad'. The only tweak to Nigella's recipe was to ensure the olive oil and feta were weighed as Healthy Extras A & B and I had 1.5 syns of olives. The original recipe can be found here. I wanted to make it as the picture looked so pretty but I was nervous of the mint and the lime juice.

My feeling about mint is that it should be left to toothpaste and chewing gum. It ruins chocolate. It shouldn't go anywhere near ice cream. I was also thinking lime juice on melon didn't sound very salady. However in the name of Nigella Lawson I followed the recipe precisely and actually....it was really yummy. Each mouthful had a different taste combination and the watermelon made a (literally) refreshing change from lettuce. Hurrah for Nigella.

BREAKFAST: 5 SCRAMBLED EGGS, TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5. SYNS); LUNCH: "WATERMELON, FETA AND BLACK OLIVE SALAD"; DINNER: GALLO PRONTO RISOTTO, PAN FIRED CHICKEN AND BASIL LEAVES; SNACKS: 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, HALF A BOWL OF FROZEN MANGO CUBES WITH A MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT, 2 BANANAS, SATSUMA; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment