Pages

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Balsamic Chicken Stack

Current Weight:

14 stone 04lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

2 stone 0lbs

Todays Syn Count:

7 on Extra Easy

I keep making mistakes...my Slimming World mojo is all but lost.

Thankfully the lovely ladies of the Facebook Slimming World forum have been correcting me.

First I used almonds as a Healthy Extra on Extra Easy. FAIL!
Then I used groundnut oil as a Healthy Extra. FAIL!

Luckily I rarely use all my syns so I'm covered for both mistakes without going over my weekly allowance. I could have so easily gone over though. The moral of the story is check and double check even if you think you already know.

(Or get the lovely ladies of Facebook to proof read your recipes for you!)

Tonight's dinner came from a newspaper supplement. I've torn it out so I can't see what paper it was in. (I'm terrible for seeing things in papers left on trains and ripping out a page or two!). Tonight's dinner is 'Balsamic Chicken Stack'.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR 2:

  • 125ml balsamic
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (2.5 SYNS per serving)
  • 1/2tso black pepper
  • 2 chicken breast halved lengthways
  • 1 beef tomato sliced
  • 1 ball of mozzarella halved (HEALTHY A OPTION)
  • Basil leaves
  • Extra virgin Olive oil (3 SYNS per serving)

HOW I DID IT:

  • Heat balsamic, sugar and pepper until just bubbling and then add the chicken for 5 minutes per side
  • Scatter basil leaves in a plate, stack the chicken on top and then layer the cold mozzarella and tomato
  • Finish with more basil and a drizzle of olive oil
  • Serve with slimming world sautéed potatoes (done as per SW chips but cut potatoes into chunks), roasted peppers and cherry tomatoes and a dollop of very low fat mayo (0.5 SYNS)
BREAKFAST: 2 JOES SAUSAGES, 2 FRIED EGGS WITH SPAGHETTI HOOPS, 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYNS); LUNCH: 98% FAT FREE CHILLI CHICKEN SUPERNOODLES; DINNER: "BALSAMIC CHICKEN STACK"; SNACKS: GRAPES, PEAS, HAM SLICES, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, HOT PUDDING RICE AND 1 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment