Pages

Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Chicken, Bacon & Chorizo Rice

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
6 on Extra Easy

Last night I ate 4 Muller Light yoghurts in a row whilst watching Britains Next Top Model. I needed something sweet to take my mind off the fact that my Chunky Lover had invested in a family sized tub of Cadburys Roses and was making fine progress in getting through all the good ones, i.e. any of the ones without the word 'creme' in the name.

I toyed with having just one - (I think they are about 2.5 or 3 syns each?) but I knew one would not be enough and that I could wait until my next day off plan (Wednesday). If my Chunky Lover has left any for me.......

Tonight's dinner was inspired by
'Food from the Sun' by Neven Maguire but with some Mummy Blubber tweaks to keep it low in syns and use up some leftovers!

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • 175g basmati and wild rice
  • Left over chicken peices
  • Left over smoked bacon
  • 56g chorizo (2.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 75ml white wine (2 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 300ml stock made with chicken bovril

HOW I DID IT:
  • Brown chicken and bacon in frylight, and set aside
  • Soften garlic and onion in frylight
  • Add rice and chorizo and stir through until combined
  • Add wine and stock
  • Put chicken back in
  • Bake in oven for 50mins at gas mark 4

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH MULLER YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, 1 CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: PASTA WITH SEASONING, OLIVES (1 SYN), BASIL, CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE); DINNER: "CHICKEN, BACON AND CHORIZO RICE" SNACKS: 2 MULLER YOGHURTS, GRAPES, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE);PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND TWO MULLER LIGHTS

4 comments:

  1. Chicken, bacon & chorizo rice - is the chicken and bacon raw? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love you're recipies - gonna try this dish tonight. Thanks a mil xx

    ReplyDelete