Pages

Monday, 20 September 2010

Dill Gnocchi

Current Weight:
14 stone 02lbs

Weight loss so far:
2 stone 2lbs

Todays Syn Count:
5.5 on Extra Easy

Well, I certainly enjoyed the weekend. I had puff pastry steak and ale pie, a warm bread baton equalled in girth by the amount of butter I spread across it, insipid hot chocolate, hog roast roll with stuffing and apple sauce and chocolate.

It's been fun to be a fatty, now I back on course to being a thinny.

When I got married last year I had been dieting about 2 years, and got my four stone sticker the day before we married. I was religious about the diet and barely strayed from the plan for the whole two years.

Our wedding meal was the first non-Slimming World meal I had eaten in months. I was singing the praises of the gorgeous cheese that had been served with the bread whilst we waited for our main course. I was eating wedges of it. My newly-wed husband had to point out it was in fact slabs of butter I was wolfing down in my wedding finery. Oh the shame!

It seemed I dieted hard therefore I fell hard.

This time around I am being more realistic about myself and my life and it makes it much easier to cope with getting back on plan after a naughty day or two!

Tonight's dinner is inspired by a recipe in Slimming Worlds Best Ever book. I added red wine and dropped some herbs! I served my Chunky Lover's with Mediterranean bread - I was quiet envious. I have to say I'm not convinced on this one. It tasted like cheesy mashed potato on salad....

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Potatoes
  • Dill
  • 1 beaten egg
  • nutmeg
  • Tin chopped tomatoes
  • 75ml red wine (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Cheese (HEALTHY A OPTION)
  • Basil
  • Red onion x 2
  • Rocket leaves
  • Olives (1 SYN)
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • cucumber

HOW I DID IT:
  • Mash the potatoes with egg, nutmeg and dill
  • Leave to cool overnight
  • Heat tomatoes, red wine, one onion chopped and seasoning in a pan for 10 minutes
  • Line a dish with basil leaves and top with tomato sauce
  • Pat potatoe mix into little dumplings. Place on top of sauce and top with grated cheese.
  • Bake for ten minutes
  • Serve with salad

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH MULLER YOGHURT; LUNCH: SYN FREE RISOTTO, BASIL, 14g CHEESE (3 SYNS); DINNER: "DILL GNOCCHI"; SNACKS: YOGHURT, 3 BANANAS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION);PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment