Pages

Monday, 13 September 2010

Gallo Pronto Risotto - Sun Dried Tomato

Current Weight:

14 stone 04lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

2 stone 00lbs

Todays Syn Count:

4.5 on Extra Easy

I don't think I am going to lose much, if anything, this week. I have discovered a new breakfast which has replaced my previous scrambled egg addiction:

  • Pudding rice boiled with water

  • Mixed into a Muller Light Yoghurt

  • Topped with blueberries

I have been having this every day for breakfast and pudding for most of the week.

I have never been an avid follower of the

"one third of your plate must be super free food" rule. Mostly because I hadn't realised it existed before joining a Slimming World Facebook forum. I have never intentionally made sure my main meals did indeed include a third in veg, however I wasn't worried because I was losing weight and my snacks, breakfast and puddings where almost always fruit, yoghurt and eggs which are all super free.

Until now.

I'm now having carbs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and pudding.

If I don't lose any weight this Wednesday I'll have to cut the pudding rice out again, as much as I am loving it.

More carbs for dinner, this time Gallo Pronto Risotto - Sun Dried Tomato Flavour.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR ONE:

  • Gallo Pronto Risotto - sun dried tomato
  • Basil leaves
  • Bacon
  • Red onion
  • 21g mozzarella cheese (3 SYNS)

HOW I DID IT:

  • Make as per pack instructions
  • Fry bacon and onion in frylight
  • Combine and top with basil and cheese
BREAKFAST: BANANA, BREAKFAST RICE (PUDDING RICE AND MULLER FRUIT YOGHURT) AND 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYN); LUNCH: TUNA BAKED POTATO WEDGES WITH MAYO (0.5 SYNS), CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE) AND ROCKET; DINNER: "GALLO PRONTO RISOTTO"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, PUDDING RICE WITH 1 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, I would just like to say I love your blog. It really has inspired me to get myself back to Slimming World. Just one question where do you buy this Gallo Risotto, sun dried tomato?? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! This is my third time on Slimming World and this time round I'm definitely finding that variety is the key (as well as allowing myself at least 2 days off per month!) Good luck- let me know how you get on x

    I've only ever found this flavour in Sainsbury and Waitrose. Tesco do Gallo pronto but in other flavours which I don't think are as nice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that, I will have a look. I love risotto.

    Yes this will be my third time too, I lost just over 2 stone before I had my son. After I had him I had only put on a few pounds as I had been doing SW during pregnancy. I thihk I got a bit giddy at this and thought I could eat what I wanted - ummm NO! So I started SW for a second time but I was moving house so I never really got started. And here I am squeezing into sixe 18 trousers, bigger than what i was when I was pregnant, size 14. As you can imagine I am rather annoyed with myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, love your blog! There's always some interesting recipes! I don't include much superfree either, but I know I'll have to start doing it the more weight I lose.
    Just thought I'd mention though, I think eggs and yoghurts are only free. It's only fruit and vegetables that are *super*free.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Zoot
    I was wondering about this as I thought superfree meant anything free on both plans which eggs and yoghurts are..

    I lost weight again this week - 2lbs so no need to change anything just yet! I will if needed though! x

    ReplyDelete