Pages

Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Gammon and Cider Potatoes

Current Weight:

14 stone 11lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

1 stone 07lbs

Todays Syn Count:

9.5 on Extra Easy

Wednesday weigh in...last week I put on a massive 6lbs...this week...7lbs off!!!!!
Which means I have now lost 2 stone!!!!!! *Celebrate good times....COME ON!!!!!*

It's a nice idea to treat yourself to a non-food based gift like a haircut or a manicure as a reward for reaching stone targets, but as I had my day of pampering at the weekend I'll make that as my prize to myself!

Also it's time to get out the tape measure for my Monthly Measurements:

  • Upper arm: 14 inches (-0.5)
  • Chest (around boobies): 44 inches (-1)
  • Chest (under boobies): 39 inches (-3)
  • Waist: 42 inches (-1)
  • Hips and belly apron: 48.5 inches (-1.5)
  • Thigh: 26 inches (-1)
  • Size 18 on top - same
  • Size 18 on bottom - one size down

A massive improvement on last month, in fact 8 inches gone in one month. That's the length of a lolly pop stick lost from my body! Can this be right?!
Who am I to argue with a tape measure. No one!

The potatoes for dinner tonight are inspired by John Burton Race's Flavour First recipe, but I've amended a couple of ingredients to make the recipe possible on Slimming World. I expect you could leave the butter out, but I fancied a treat.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:

  • Tesco honey glazed gammon joint
  • 4 potatoes
  • 1/2 tbsp ground nut oil (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 150ml Magners Light (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 100ml chicken bovril (made from paste in far)
  • 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 35g lurpack spreadable lighter butter (4.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Peas and sweetcorn

HOW I DID IT:

  • Cook gammon as per packet instructions
  • Preheat oven to GM6
  • Peel potatoes and wash, dry them and slice them into discs
  • Put oil in a casserole dish on the hob at a medium heat, and fry the potatoes for 5 minutes
  • Season and add cider and the stock.
  • Bring to boil and then add garlic and bay
  • Add dabs of the butter all over and pop dish in the oven uncovered
  • Cook for 40 minutes, but turn them every 10 minutes.
  • Remove the potatoes and keep them warm, then put the dish back on the hob on a high heat and reduce the glaze to a syrup
  • Pour over potatoes and serve with gammon, peas and sweetcorn
BREAKFAST: 5 SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH: YET MORE LEFTOVER HAWAIIAN PIZZA PASTA BAKE (2 SYNS) WITH MOZZERELLA (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "GAMMON AND CIDER POTATOES"; SNACKS: PACKET OF HAM, LEFT OVER SPAGHETTI HOOPS, 2 HUGE BOWLS OF BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT AND THEN AN EXTRA YOGHURT FOR GOOD MEASURE, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES WITH 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment