Pages

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Lamb Rogan Josh

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
4 on Extra Easy

Wednesday weigh in.....

Taking into account a massive 4 day blow out to celebrate my Chunky Lover's birthday, I put on a very respectable 3lbs.

Now the damage is done I have a battle of will on my hands today as I make The Trolls chocolate birthday cake without licking the bowl or eating any of the icing decorations.

When I made Chunky Lover's cake last week I found such joy and comfort in licking the spoon.

Tonight we are decorating the living room to look like a fairy den with lights and butterflies and helium balloons, and so I am preparing today's dinner early in the day so it just needs to be reheated without interrupting our redecoration plans.

I have been inspired again by 'Food from the Sun' by Neven Maguire. I only made a couple of modifications to allow it to work with the plan and again I truly recommend this book - the recipes work really well on Slimming World and the flavours are incredible.

WHAT I PUT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • 350g lean lamb chunks
  • 400g tinned toms
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (HEALTHY B CHOICE)
  • 3 cloves
  • Half a cinnamon stick
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 onion
  • small piece of grated ginger (little finger tip)
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 tbsp coriander
  • 1tsp cumin
  • 1tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/8tsp cardamom
  • 200g 0% greek yoghurt
  • seasoning
  • Serve with basmati and wild rice
HOW I DID IT:
  • Brown lamb in half of oil and set aside
  • Use remaining oil to briefly fry the bay, cinnamon and cloves then add onion and fry until golden
  • Add ginger and garlic for a moment and then the dry spices
  • Stir through and add yoghurt slowly, mixing between each spoon full
  • Add lamb, tomatoes and 75ml boiled water
  • Simmer, partly covered, for one hour


BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH VANILLA MULLER LIGHT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: TUNA MAYO BAKED POTATO WITH CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION AND 0.5 SYNS), ROCKET SALAD WITH TOMATO AND GRAPES; DINNER: "LAMB ROGAN JOSH"; SNACKS: PASTA WITH 14G CHEESE (3 SYNS) AND GRAPES, LOADS OF GRAPES; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

No comments:

Post a Comment