Pages

Thursday, 9 September 2010

Moroccan Chicken and Cous Cous

Current Weight:
14 stone 04lbs

Weight loss so far:
2 stone 0lbs

Todays Syn Count:
6.75 on Extra Easy

I assume it's my 'star week' that is making me feel as tearful and down as I am feeling.

Today in Tesco all the aisles had been moved and I couldn't find the cous cous. It made me cry.
At home the usual mess and craziness prevails, but instead of turning a blind eye to it all as I do usually I'm dwelling on it. Every time I tidy one thing away I unearth another, resulting in a chain of clutter that never seems to end.

My Chunky Lover knows keeps his distance and by lucky coincidence was out last night and is also out tonight. He is more than aware that I'm on edge.

The girls also seem to know that my nerves are frazzled and are delighting in seeing how far they can push me. The Troll is demanding I make toast whilst I feed Squirky, and then when I do make toast she ignores it and it goes to waste. Squirky is refusing to eat at all and is sleeping badly.

Does happy mummy = happy children, or is it happy children = happy mummy?

I'll be glad when Aunty Flo says goodbye for another month and I can get my mummy mojo back.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR ONE SERVING:

  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 tsp grated ginger
  • A sprinkle of cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, & maldon salt
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • Half a pepper
  • Handful cherry toms
  • 100ml chicken bovril stock
  • 1/2 tbsp honey (1.25 SYNS)
  • 2 dessert spoons of toasted almonds (4.5 SYNS)

HOW I DID IT:

  • Cut chicken breast into chunks and rub with lemon juice, rind, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, pepper and salt. Leave to marinate for as long as possible
  • Brown the chicken in frylight and set aside.
  • Fry the onion, red pepper and garlic, then add cherry toms and stock, simmer, add chicken and cover/simmer for 20mins
  • Add honey and slices of lemon and return to heat for another 20mins
  • Make cous cous as per pack instructions
  • Toast almonds in a pan with no frylight
  • Combine and serve

BREAKFAST: BANANA, 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYN), 1 FRUIT TEA, PUDDING RICE WITH A MULLER YOGHURT; LUNCH: PASTA, CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION), BASIL; DINNER: "MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUS COUS"; SNACKS: NONE; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES , HOT PUDDING RICE AND VANILLA MULLER LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment