Pages

Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Prawns in Tomato and Chilli

Current Weight:
14 stone 02lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
2 stone 02lbs

Todays Syn Count:
4.5 on Extra Easy

I've spent all morning walking around the house tidying and muttering to myself. Squirky is in raptures as she watches me. She loves the sound of my voice. She clearly doesn't realise that my inane rambles are answers to mock interview I am giving to myself in preparation for the real thing this afternoon. If she did realise this then I'm sure it wouldn't be so amusing to her. I, for one, am cacking myself. (I believe that is the technical term right?).

This week is such a crazy roller coaster of high emotion. Yesterday my very best friend in the whole wide world got married. Unfortunately she lives in a different country in the whole wide world, and the world was too wide to travel across with baby and toddler and (lack of) maternity pay in my pocket.

Today I'm interviewing for a very grown up job. Trouble is I have trouble recognising myself as a grown up. Throughout my career I have been waiting to be found out. It feels like so mistake that anyone would want to employ me...little me? And here I am now looking to fool someone else into hiring me...little me.

And then we have The Troll's birthday which I have been looking forward to and planning for. But we've arrived at the critical week and my mind is flipping between transatlantic weddings and having nothing suitable to wear for an interview.

I'm shocked that despite this I have still retained control over my menu. Tonight's meal (Prawns in Tomato and Chilli) is derived from 'Neven's Food from the Sun' by Neven Maguire which I highly recommend. A huge selection of the recipes are Slimming World friendly and the images are so inspiring.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Tesco Large King Prawns Cooked And Peeled 250G
  • 6 large tomatoes, halved, deseeded and skinned if possible!
  • Tsp lazy chilli
  • 1 small white onion
  • 1 sweet red pointed pepper
  • Garlic clove
  • Basil
  • 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (HEALTHY B CHOICE)
  • 50g serrano ham (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 12.5g plain flour (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Sweet paprika
  • Lemon
  • Salad leaves, grapes and 4 olives (0.5 SYNS)

HOW I DID IT:
  • Blend the tomato, chilli, onion, pepper, garlic and basil into a paste
  • Fry the paste in a tablespoon of olive oil with seasoning until reduced, then add the serrano ham.
  • Move into a oven proof dish
  • Then mix the flour with the paprika and coat the prawns
  • Fry the prawns in the remaining oil until browned
  • Add them to dish on top of tomato mixture and bake for 8 minutes
I served mine with salad and my Chunky Lover's with bread.

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: HAM OMLETTE; DINNER: 'PRAWNS IN TOMATO AND CHILLI'; SNACKS: YOGHURT, HAM; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, CARIBBEAN COCONUT OPTIONS HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH MILK (1.5 SYNS AND HEALTHY A CHOICE)



No comments:

Post a Comment