Pages

Saturday, 4 September 2010

Spicey Italian Haddock

Current Weight:

14 stone 04lbs

Weight Loss since March 2010:

2 stone 0lbs

Todays Syn Count:

3.25 on Extra Easy

The family were invited to a catered garden party this afternoon. The girls had an amazing time having free run of the whole garden, and there was giant Jenga too which kept the Troll entertained.

I really wanted to stay on track today, as I am proud of my 2 stone award and don't want to lose it too quickly. Especially as I have my Chunky Lovers and the Trolls birthdays this month. I want to splash out on their special days which means being picky about what other events I relax at.

Still, I was nervous of offending the host by not being able to eat any of the spread she had laid on, but the Indian buffet was not monitored, so managed to fill a plate half with salad for me, and half with non spicey bits for the Troll to pick at, so it appeared we took a full plate.

I then had my two alpen light bars in my bag and a surreptitious banana!

I came home starving though, and so I chose from my weekly planner the most filling option I could find that didn't need any ingredients defrosted. Tonight's dinner (Spicey Italian Haddock) was inspired by a recipe in "Cook Yourself Thin - Quick and Easy" which really uses coley, but I only had haddock in the freezer. I have no idea if this makes a difference or not! I made a handful of other changes to recipe, just because I fancied it!

Dinner was very late tonight because I got distracted by The Trolls fuzzy felt and made a picture of a wild haired lady dancing to the sound of a howling dog. I think the sun has gone to my head.

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:

  • 1 large carrot chopped
  • 1 finest sweet onion chopped
  • 1 tbsp tom puree (0.25 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 clove garlic chopped and peeled
  • 400g chopped toms
  • 2x frozen haddock fillets
  • 150g spaghetti

HOW I DID IT:

  • Blend garlic, carrot and onion until fine
  • Fry and soften for 2 mins
  • Add tom puree and curry/chilli powder, & oregano and cook for 3 mins
  • Add tinned toms and simmer
  • Add frozen fish, ensure they are covered by sauce and simmer for 30mins
  • Make pasta as per pack instructions and combine
BREAKFAST: 3 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1.5 SYNS), 4 SCRAMBLED EGGS; LUNCH: HANDFUL OF SALAD LEAVES, GRAPES, BANANA; DINNER: "SPICEY ITALIAN HADDOCK"; SNACKS: SLICE OF HAM, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND 2 MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS, OPTIONS CARIBBEAN COCONUT HOT CHOCOLATE MADE WITH MILK (HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 1.5 SYNS)

No comments:

Post a Comment