Pages

Friday, 10 September 2010

Toad in the Hole

Current Weight:
14 stone 04lbs

Weight loss so far:
2 stone 0lbs

Todays Syn Count:
9.75 on Extra Easy

I have a confession to make. I have done no exercise all week, nor do I intend to do any.

Squirky was up for a feed at 2.30, and then up for good at 3.45am. My Chunky Lover relieved me at 6am and I went back to bed for 2hrs.

She's entering a new stage which I'm not enjoying. It involves a whingy noise and no interest in food or sleep. Perhaps she is acclimatising to Autumn.

Autumn is my favourite time of year. I love dark evenings and feeling snug and secure. It i definitely feeling Autumnal here. This is probably what has prompted my desire for Toad in the Hole. So strong is the desire that I have shunned my usual Friday night Chinese takeaway in favour of cooking this myself.


WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO SERVINGS:

  • 6 Joe's sausages

    2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (HEALTHY B CHOICE per serving) (I incorrectly used ground nut oil)

    75 g plain flour (6.75 SYNS per serving)

    1 large egg

    75ml semi-skimmed milk (PART OF HEALTHY A CHOICE)

    salt and pepper

    55ml water


    HOW I DID IT:

    Into sieved flour add the egg and seasoning

    Begin to whisk and slowly add the milk/water mix

    Meanwhile roast the sausages in the oven for 10 mins in one tablespoon of the oil

    Then put the roasting tin directly in the hob and add the other tablespoon of oil. When sausages are sizzling pour in the batter and put in oven on highest heat for half an hour.

    Serve with peas, mashed potato (using a dash of milk from HEALTHY A CHOICE) and gravy made with bisto granules (2.5 SYNS)


BREAKFAST: BANANA, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS), PUDDING RICE WITH A MULLER YOGHURT; LUNCH: BATCHELORS PASTA N SAUCE CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM FLAVOUR; DINNER: "TOAD IN THE HOLE"; SNACKS: 5 CHERRY TOMATOES; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES , HOT PUDDING RICE AND VANILLA MULLER LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment