Pages

Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Bacon and Mushroom Orecchiette

Current Weight:
14 stone 3 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
2 stone 01 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
0.5 on Extra Easy

Wednesday weigh in.....3lbs off!!! I'm rather pleased!!

I'm glad to have had this bit of good news as it's been a horrible day so far and it's only 08.10am as I write this first paragraph.

Squirky was up at 1am and stayed up until 3am, playing and gabbling her baby speak . When she finally slept it took me another hour to also fall asleep. 9She woke up for good at 5am when my Chunky Lover took over). I woke with a start at 7am and jumped out of bed as The Troll needed dressing as a witch for nursery. I entered the living room to find that whilst my Chunky Lover had made a bottle of milk for Squirky she'd set about destroying my best pumpkin creation - a cross eyed spider.

Feelings hurt I set about face painting The Troll. This is the second time in 5 days. The first was last Friday for a Halloween disco. She dressed happily but as I tried to paint her face she threw a massive paddy and refused to entertain the idea. I tried cajoling her. The nursery staff tried cajoling her. Nothing. We got to the disco and there was a face-painting stall, £1 a time.......guess who wanted a go?

Yesterday she insisted she wanted it done for nursery this morning, so I got out of bed, armed with sponges and brushes and no sooner had I slicked on a stripe of green the hystronics started again. So that's all she was adorned with. She looked a bit like a David Bowie/Witch hybrid.

By the time she set off to nursery and the pumpkin was in the bin I was already battered and bruised by the days events. A 3lb loss is just what I needed to put a smile on my face again.


WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:
  • Punnet of button mushrooms
  • Pack of lean bacon
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Lazy garlic
  • Orecchiette pasta
  • 42g mozzarella (HEALTHY A CHOICE)
  • Basil
HOW I DID IT:
  • Make pasta as per pack instructions
  • Slice mushrooms and chop bacon into squares
  • Fry in frylight with the garlic and cherry tomatoes until the tomatoes are popping and the bacon is cook
  • Combine with mozzerella and basil and serve
(I planned my meals last week and had written on my planner 'bacon/mushroom pasta' which I was sure I had seen in this months SW magazine, but when I came to cook it tonight I couldn't find it. I had to think on my feet and made up the meal based on the ingredients I had bought. I later realised the recipe was in the calendar which I had thrown away.)

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT AND FRUIT, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: MUSHROOM OMELETTE ;DINNER: BACON AND MUSHROOM ORRICCHETTE; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION);PUDDING: MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT AND FROZEN BLUEBERRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment