Pages

Monday, 11 October 2010

Breakfast Rice

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
4.5 on Extra Easy

I'm excited about this weeks weigh in. I've had no problems getting back on track, and even exercised (well once, but still - that's better than my track record lately).

Whilst I had my two weeks of on/off naughtiness I lost then gained 1 lb, which still shocks me now. If I can do that whilst whilst not dieting imagine how I can do when I stick to plan...

This is where the karmic dieting powers that be will give me a massive kick up the bum though - I bet I put on 5lbs.

Lately I've been eating a lot of pudding rice for breakfast and pudding. Mixed with fruit yoghurt and berries it makes a tasty replacement for porridge lovers in the morning, or mixed with vanilla yoghurt it gets as close to Ambrosia Creamed Rice as you'll ever get on plan.


WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR ONE:
  • A handful of pudding rice
  • Boiling water
  • Muller yoghurt - vanilla flavour
  • Handful frozen blueberries

HOW I DID IT:
  • Boil the rice until soft
  • Boil the kettle, drain rice and pour over with boiling water whilst in a colander to get rid of the starch
  • Mix (whilst hot) into chilled yoghurt and blueberries

BREAKFAST: "BREAKFAST RICE", CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: SALAD, CHICKEN, 2 BOILED EGGS, GRAPES, TOMATOES, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: BAKED POTATO, TUNA, MAYO (0.5 SYNS) SALAD, TOMATOES, CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE); SNACKS: 2 YOGHURTS, 1 BANANA, 3 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B OPTION AND 3 SYNS); PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND MANGO WITH TWO MULLER LIGHTS

6 comments:

  1. Morning! That rice looks yummy, can you tell me what rice that is? I have had a look at Asda online and cant seem to find "pudding rice"?

    Cheers x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get mine in tesco and it is just called pudding rice! http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/food/tesco-pudding-rice/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to try this - it sounds yummy - i've been battling to get back into target for weeks now!! i'm maintaining beautifully just out of my target zone!! not good as i hate paying. thanks for all the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make it? I have it most days now - so yummy! I put the rice on whilst I have my morning shower and when I'm out it's ready to go! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did make it ! and i made quite a lot and had to eat it all :O) felt a real piggy and very full afterwards - i lost a 1lb this week so i will be making some more - thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very filling! Well done on your loss, hope you get another next week x

    ReplyDelete