Pages

Thursday, 7 October 2010

Chicken and Mushroom Pie

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
4 on Extra Easy

I took my monthly measurements yesterday - a bit late. Normally I do them at the end of each month, but I was busy stuffing my face with naughty food that any thoughts of actual inch loss went out of my head.

This is how I stood last month.

And this is where I am now:

  • Upper arm: 13.5 inches (-0.5)
  • Chest (around boobies): 44 inches (same)
  • Chest (under boobies): 38 inches (-1)
  • Waist: 43 inches (+1 - possibly bloated due to star week?)
  • Hips and belly apron: 49 inches (+0.5)
  • Thigh: 26 inches (same)
  • Size 18 on top - (same)
  • Size 18 on bottom - (same)

Damn you star week and your bloaty side effects.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • 2 chicken breast fillets
  • 150g mushrooms sliced
  • VEG SAUCE MIX: 1 carrot, 1 onion, half a leek, 2 bay leaves
  • 12.5 plain flour (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 200ml semi skimmed milk (HEALTHY A CHOICE)
  • 20g reduced fat butter (2.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • MASH MIX: 500g sweet potatoes, butternut squash and turnips
  • Serve with Slimming World sautéed potatoes and sweetcorn
HOW I DID IT:

  • Boil the chicken and veg sauce mix in 400ml of water for 20mins
  • Meanwhile also boil the mash mix
  • When boiled mash the mash mix with seasoning, a splash of the milk and a dollop of the butter
  • Remove the chicken and slice, remove and discard the bay leaves
  • Blend the remaining veg mix until a puree
  • Heat the remaining butter in a pan and add the flour, slowly add milk and whisk
  • Then add veg mix, mix through the chicken and mushrooms and fill a pie dish with the mix
  • Top with mash mix and bake for 25mins
I wouldn't recommend this meal really.My Chunky Lover has asked me not to make it again. He said it wasn't horrible, it just wasn't particularly nice! Personally I'd make the filling again, but with more seasoning and would stretch the syns out to include a puff pastry crust.

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, MULLER YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (FROM HEALTHY A CHOICE); LUNCH: HALF A BANANA, GRAPES AND A DIET COKE;DINNER: "CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM PIE"; SNACKS: GRAPES, BANANA, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND TWO MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment