Pages

Friday, 8 October 2010

Cider Sausages and Mustard Mash

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
5.5 on Extra Easy

I've worked for the same company for 10 years in near enough the same job. It's an office but it's informal and I've worn jeans every day since I started there as a student.

But now as I make my way towards the end of my maternity leave I've decided it's time to make some changes and I've been approaching various departments about other roles, and I had an interview today at 11am.

Yesterday morning I suddenly realised that I have nothing appropriate to wear for the interview. Loads of smart tops, but only jeans or leggings - which does not scream HIRE ME!

So I headed to our local high street yesterday to find something a bit smarter to wear with a poorly Squirky in tow. I shopped for 4 hours and came home with....a new pair of leggings and an angry baby.

The trouble is, although I am generally fat all over, I am mostly fat on my tummy. I'm a full on apple shape. Anything that fits my rotund stomach flares at the thighs and chest.

I tried on smart office dresses and pencil skirts but when I looked in the mirror I saw some girl pretending to work in an office.

I just don't do smart. I ended up in leggings and smock top, and I don't know if that affected me mentally in the interview but I did pretty badly. It was like an out of body experience. I could see myself sat in the chair with my arms crossed, my floating self screaming - UNFOLD YOUR ARMS...BAD BODY LANGUAGE!!!! I sounded insanely desperate, coming up with such gems for reasons to hire me as 'I work hard' and 'I can learn quickly'...blah blah blah.

Would I have felt more confident if I was so bloody fat?!

I mentally berated myself all the way to Tesco where my will power was really put to the test. They were giving out free samples of Lindt chocolate.....I resisted temptation. I need to look good in a pencil skirt so I can get a job.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • 2 leeks
  • Cooking apple (2 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 6 Joes Garlic and Herb sausages
  • 12.5g reduced fat lurpack (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 125ml magners light (1 SYN PER SERVING)
  • 1tbsp wholegrain mustard (1 SYN PER SERVING)
HOW I DID IT:

  • Arrange the halved leeks, wedges of apples and sausages in a roasting tin.
  • Spray with frylight and season
  • Mix in the pan, dot with butter and cover with cider
  • Roast for an hour
  • Meanwhile boil peeled potatoes and mash with a dash of milk (FROM HEALTHY A CHOICE), the mustard and seasoning

BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, MULLER YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (FROM HEALTHY A CHOICE);LUNCH: CHILLI CHICKEN SUPERNOODLES; DINNER: "CIDER SAUSAGES AND MUSTARD MASH"; SNACKS: 2 MULLER YOGHURTS 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND TWO MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment